What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
For all of you that want to avoid the flickering that the screen does when loading a game, please follow the instructions indicated in the video and below.

You can grab the firmware from here:

Instructions (Short version):

Download firmware. Rename to .rar instead of zip. Extract and place flash.img on the root of the sd card. Place in the F3 multi and boot. Wait for a minute for the fw to update. Install the reset wire as indicated in the video. Power on and see if the screen doesn't flicker during update.

Attachments

• F3 Firm w reset.zip
    33.1 KB · Views: 523
Thanks for the link
For myself, since it is working and I'm happy with that I'll not add anything :P

Thanks Kuze

My issue with (re)inserting SD card was resolved by using a good brand name Sandisk card. I won't fault aldo for the [Transcend 4gb] card I received, because it works OK in other devices. I just threw that card in my floppyemu since that device never needs a fast card anyway.

Thanks Kuze

My issue with (re)inserting SD card was resolved by using a good brand name Sandisk card. I won't fault aldo for the [Transcend 4gb] card I received, because it works OK in other devices. I just threw that card in my floppyemu since that device never needs a fast card anyway.
@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES

Personally,i like when my crt is flikering. It's like when you open a cabinet for the first time in the early morning,when the gaming room opens, and you must plung the cabs on ! Great feelings then :whistling:

ps 2 years later : much nicer with the reset wire installed

Last edited:
Am I correct in my understanding that another added benefit of this reset wire, not explicitly stated, is it forgoes the need to push the test button every time a new game is loaded? The cart will automatically go into the test menu? This appears to be the case in the video at 3:02 but I don't see it mentioned anywhere.

This would be a reason for me to install the wire. Might be a good idea to broadcast this feature if it is present.

Finally, i reinstalled the Lions3 kit on my motherboard and i decided is much better with reset wire installed and i proceed in this direction ✌️

Thank you Mitsu & Darksoft for this ^^

Attachments

• E431796D-09A4-4545-80FB-E72ADFEAC6B0.jpeg
    E431796D-09A4-4545-80FB-E72ADFEAC6B0.jpeg
    605.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 2ADFD263-B47E-4EFD-B7CC-BC6BB313F398.jpeg
    2ADFD263-B47E-4EFD-B7CC-BC6BB313F398.jpeg
    605.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 6A71EE7D-ABEA-401E-A8A4-FC112B021020.jpeg
    6A71EE7D-ABEA-401E-A8A4-FC112B021020.jpeg
    487.4 KB · Views: 332
Is there any pictures / written manual of the points, instead of the video? Thank you in advance.

Just performed this mod, not because I think some glitched looking images will destroy my monitor, just "feels" nicer. Working great!

P1060389.JPG

I used JST YL wire to wire connectors, because they're one of the few connector series with a single position type (matching the gauge needed) and I'm not a fan of using dupont style connectors this way

Last edited:
Just performed this mod, not because I think some glitched looking images will destroy my monitor, just "feels" nicer. Working great!

P1060389.JPG

I used JST YL wire to wire connectors, because they're one of the few connector series with a single position type (matching the gauge needed) and I'm not a fan of using dupont style connectors this way
And how you managed to close the multi in the F3 cartridge case sir ? How it looks with case ? ✌️

I still get audio blips while the game is loading, is that normal, or did i bork the installation of the reset wire? The screen isn't showing anything, but in the example video, I don't hear any sound either.

Back