What's new

Mrhide

Enlightened
Reaction score
Anybody know what the Z connector is for ?! or the pinout for the S one?

AA (same pinout kick harness CPS1):
10 pts JST NH

1 GND
2 GND
3 1P KICK LIGHT
4 1P KICK MIDDLE
5 1P KICK HEAVY
6 NC
7 2P KICK LIGHT
8 2P KICK MIDDLE
9 2P KICK HEAVY
10 NC

3P and 4P:
3 and 4 Players
15 pts JST NH

1 COIN
2 START
3 LEFT
4 RIGHT
5 UP
6 DOWN
7 ATTTACK
8 JUMP
9 MAGIC
10 NC
11 SERVICE
12 COUNTER (coin counter)
13 LOCKOUT
14 GND
15 GND

M2:
to add second monitor
5 pts JST NH

1 RED
2 GREEN
3 BLUE
4 SYNC
5 GND

S: (Stereo)
4 pts JST NH

1 SPEAKER +
2 SPEAKER -
3 SPEAKER -
4 SPEAKER +

or mono
1 SPEAKER +
2 SPEAKER -

SI:Spinner (Thank you ShootTheCore! )
6 pts JST NH
1: +5v
2: +5v
3: GND
4: GND
5: LEFT
6: RIGHT

Z:
?!?!?
4 pts JST NH

1 ?
2 ?
3 ?
4 ?

thanks!

edit: after looking at mame code I see a tilt, service port and yet another service port?

PORT_BIT( 0x00000100, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_TILT )

PORT_BIT( 0x00000200, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_SERVICE1 ) /* Service */
PORT_BIT( 0x00000400, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_SERVICE2 ) /* Only on some games */
PORT_BIT( 0x00000800, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_SERVICE3 ) /* Only on some games */

and
PORT_BIT( 0x08, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNUSED ) /* Another service mode */

but perhaps the guy who made the multi could help ?! :whistling:
:whistling:

Last edited:
Wow...you can run two monitors off the board at the same time???? Worlds first Versus/2cab Puzzle Bobble anyone???

Had no idea you could do that....very cool.

Wow...you can run two monitors off the board at the same time????
I would be very interested in which games support this. I suppose the easiest test would be to simply hook up a 2nd monitor and go through all the games :D
-ud

I would be very interested in which games support this. I suppose the easiest test would be to simply hook up a 2nd monitor and go through all the games
I doubt it supports different images on each monitor.most likely it just a mirrored monitor signal for a spectator or diag monitor. I know the Taito Wolf hardware has a similar monitor connector but it just outputs the same signal as the JAMMA edge.

An easy way to test this would be to check where the pins route and see if they're sourced from the same location as the JAMMA edge.

The Spinner pins should be:
I was under the impression that the spinners connected to the JAMMA edge... if they do use this connector then where do you hook up the player 2 spinner in Puchi Carat?

Anybody know what the Z connector is for ?!
I don't have an answer for this but you could poke around with a multimeter and see if any of the pins are 5V or ground. and then see if you can trace the other pins to a chip somewhere to give you a clue as to it's function.

The Arabian Magic manual mentions the monitor connector being used for hooking up a second 2-player cabinet when running the game in 4-player mode:
http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/A/ArabianMagic.man.pdf
Interesting. I'm not quite following what the various setups entail. One section offers scenarios:

- Two 2-player cabinets (via communication cable) for 2v2
- One 4-player cabinet for co-op

And then later a note on the video connector:

"USE THESE CONNECTIONS ONLY WHEN LINKING-UP A SECOND 2 PLAYER CABINET"

So, why would you need the communication cable if the video for both cabs is being supplied by one board?
-ud

I don't think there is any communications cable, you could wire the M2, S, P3 and P4 connectors to a second JAMMA edge to run a second cabinet. This actually makes a lot of sense as to why the sound connector is amplified. if you were running it to a second cabinet, it would need to be.

I think the modes are mostly for coin slot assignments so if you have 1x 4 player cab with 1 slot, any of the 4 players could be using that slot, but if you have 2x 2 player cabs each with 1 slot then P1 and P2 would use coin 1 and P3 and P4 would use coin 3

Ring Rage also supports 4-players though interestingly it states that M2 and S connectors are not used:
http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/R/Ring Rage pin DIP.pdf

I think maybe they only expect people to use a single 4-player cabinet for Ring Rage, since it had a dedicated 4-player cab in the US.

So I was poking around on the F3 today and thought I'd see where some of this stuff routes

Z-Connector:
pin 1 is +5V
pin 2 is Ground
and pins 3 and 4 both go to pins on the lower right corner of IC37 (the big SMD Taito chip on the lower right of the PCB) Anyone know what this chip is used for? There's no isolation circuitry to speak of the connector routes strait to it.

SI Connector pinout doesn't match either
Pin 1 is +5V
pin 6 is Ground
pins 2-5 all route to IC 28 The Motorola MC68681P

This makes more sense since only having 1 ground and 1 5V pin would allow for 2x spinners to connect

So I got my Puchi Carat manual in and I understand the confusion with the pinout that ShootTheCore posted.

that pinout is for the sensor-board on the spinners included with the game NOT the PCB itself:

S1_connector.jpg

The manual doesn't specify a pintout for the SI connector on the F3 board itself. though the description for pins 5 and 6 on the sensor board state that they should be connected to "joystick left" and "joystick right".

well I went to a friend I hadn't seen in a while looking for a spinner ... and found a few ! .... including 2 NOS arkanoid return opto board:

They are different then regular arkanoid boards with 2 transistors on them

Attachments

• IMG_5961.JPG
    IMG_5961.JPG
    498.7 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_5962.JPG
    IMG_5962.JPG
    398.5 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_5963.JPG
    IMG_5963.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 377
I will be making some harness soon so need to order some nh series connectors. I’m on the jst site and the contact part says 120 days until they have more. I’m looking at SHF-001T-0.8BS. But they have plenty of SHF-001T-0.8SS. Anyone know the difference? Will I be fine with the SS instead of the BS?

Edit:
Ah ha! Found an answer. BS means phosphor bronze while SS indicates brass. So I think I’m good with the SS.

A great addition to this thread would be what games support the headers.

Which games use the kick harness?

Which games support 3p/4p?

Which games support a spinner and is the spinner board required?

A great addition to this thread would be what games support the headers.

And don’t forget trackball games ;)

Only 1: Kaiser Knuckle (aka Global Champion, aka Dan-Ku-Ga)

Arabian Magic, Dungeon Magic (aka Light Bringer), and Ring Rage... maybe the Soccer Games too but I'm not sure about those.

Just Arkanoid Returns and Puchi Carat
there is no "spinner board", the spinners connect directly

And don’t forget trackball games
?( Which F3 games use a trackball?

Last edited:
Back