What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, you did not say it was horrible, but saying that your product "blows the competition out of the water" in the first minute of the video and that you are clear winner, did not sound fine to me.
So if I state my opinion I'm bashing? Sorry but it was just an opinion and people can draw their own conclusions based on the video. I seriously doubt those two comments swayed anyone's opinions.

BTW that winner statement at the very end was completely improvised and spur of the moment. You just can't cut those kind of moments. :P

Sure, you did not say it was horrible, but saying that your product "blows the competition out of the water" in the first minute of the video and that you are clear winner, did not sound fine to me.
So if I state my opinion I'm bashing? Sorry but it was just an opinion and people can draw their own conclusions based on the video. I seriously doubt those two comments swayed anyone's opinions.
BTW that winner statement at the very end was completely improvised and spur of the moment. You just can't cut those kind of moments. :P
It's cool man, no problem it was just my opinion too anyway, nothing more.

5161594.jpg

Once in a conversation, I mentioned to Darksoft women in Poland are hot. He replies, "Why did you think I moved here? The food!?" I LoL'ed hysterically.

Just a gentle reminder as you are setting up the pre-order strategy.

Thanks for the video @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w, the menu is looking better than I ever imagined.

I have one small nitpicky question though--in the end are we going to get a pinout on the cart for "change game", so those of us with MVS's with a "Select Game" button can wire it directly to the cart? For the real MVS experience, of course.

I mean, I'm still going to buy it and love it either way, just wondering since it had come up at some point.

For God's sake, we bash the Chinese Multi-Carts without shame, the best I have read about them is that they are a "piece of shit". Do we care? NO!

Now there's a comparison on YouTube and some ultrasensitive people (probably the same people telling that other products are a "piece of shit") went in Berseker-my-bashing-is-better-than-yours mode, should we care? again NO!

Now let's talk about business.. I'm glad that in this first preview we can see our wishes implemented (DDR instead of flash, improved menu, etc etc...).. For the next preview my wish list is:

- NeoGeo 4/6-Slot test
- Possibility to directly launch uploaded games (avoiding POW animation) :)
- CRC Check with bootleg BIOS (I know we don't really need the Bootleg BIOS functionality with this Multi, but to show the CRC check is a nice thing in my opinion)

:D

Thanks for the video @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w, the menu is looking better than I ever imagined.

I have one small nitpicky question though--in the end are we going to get a pinout on the cart for "change game", so those of us with MVS's with a "Select Game" button can wire it directly to the cart? For the real MVS experience, of course.

I mean, I'm still going to buy it and love it either way, just wondering since it had come up at some point.
Can't you just push the select game macro out to the select button pin on the jamma..

*edit : oh wait no I guess the motherboard does that , it has nothing to do with the cart itself right?

Last edited:
So late getting to this... Looking awesome as expected! Appreciate Mits for demoing the games we suggested.

As others have said, I also would change games a lot, so this architecture is ideal. I still love Axel F and love the homage that it's paying.
I've definitely heard it many times in the background while registering different products over the years. :)

Maybe getting ahead here, but it seems like there will be decent demand for the cart. I'm not sure how up to date on the counts just from
the preorder interest post you are, but will there be a need to prioritize preorders? Using the order of responses from that thread would make sense.

Thanks again!

I was away for a couple of days and the video came in :) hahha ha from now on I'll not leave my screen and press F5 :P
What came in the video was 100% what I expected from it :D
My money / body is ready

Wow, compliments for an awesome prototype video. While watching the video I noticed that you mentioned the option changes in the menu are automatically saved upon exit. I am wondering if it is an idea to add an exit option where you can either save or discard your changes? There are quite some options so you can get confused quite easily imho.

A minor thing ofcoz and nevertheless I look forward to the final product :)

Can't you just push the select game macro out to the select button pin on the jamma..
*edit : oh wait no I guess the motherboard does that , it has nothing to do with the cart itself right?
Yeah, games can't do anything with that button input--it's handled entirely by the motherboard. I was thinking if there were a pinout on the cart itself we could wire "Select Game" directly to the cart and do a kinda "virtual MVS" with the flashed games on the multicart.

I'm pretty sure most people running this are going to be on superguns though, so I understand if it's not a priority.

with our solution you can choose between real slot with the change game button of the neogeo and again change between games of the same multigame cart pressing up+1p start. So for a 6 slot you can press combinations to choose among 18 games :thumbsup:

So last night I was thinking a little bit about how this works.

By limiting one slot for the menu, are you actually writing your own NEO game ROM image and attaching it to a slot?
Or
Is it just some bypass that frees up the address space?

My other question is this. Are you actually writing that menu in 68K assembly?
Or is there some software around it that makes it easier?

Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back