What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
support for ngdev games would be cool, although im not sure how feasable that would be?

Last edited:
support for ngdev games would be cool, although im not sure how feasable that would be?
That will not happen. That would be competing with those guys, which are one of the few ones making new cool games for NEOGEO.

In any case, their games are so big, that won't fit in the memory of the multi.

This is the only style of lockout I'm ok with.

I don't believe NGDev should have a lot of hard work and effort stolen by a multi cart, especially given they are still working... However IF the multi detects known CRC's (just for example) and filters/blocks them, this only reduces the tone of "arcade enthusiast/preservation" scene from open to closed.

If the target is arcade preservation, and the multi has the proper amount of memory for that... Any lockout that occurs would fall outside of intended purpose, not intentional restriction on use.

I'm glad to hear that!

I wouldn't want to discourage them from continuing to develop games for the Neo. :)

Great news and finally an alternative to the crappy 161:1 Carts <3

I'd even be happy if the user interface used the same font and style as this:

dipswitches.gif

To give it that real Neo Geo feel

This is very exciting news indeed. Will definitely be copping one.

That's a shame, especially since some games won't be reprinted for the neo geo format. But no use discussing.

what would be really nice is to include enough flash memory to load all the roms up into flash at the same time for fast loading... either that or enough for, say, SIX games so that it can be treated like a 6 slot. Thus, having your favorite 6 games on rotation.

what would be really nice is to include enough flash memory to load all the roms up into flash at the same time for fast loading... either that or enough for, say, SIX games so that it can be treated like a 6 slot. Thus, having your favorite 6 games on rotation.
I tried many different flashes. Some of them are not fast enough during boot process, because they have a setup time which is too long. Some others take like one hour to program. IMHO it's either RAM + FPGA --> Complicated and pricy or 32Mbit flashes + ARM.

If someone can find me a FPGA code, to handle a PC DIMM, I'll seriously give a thought to the RAM Option.

This will be amazing. There has been a lot I haven't played. I have the 161 in my 4 slot but my wife is always playing bust a move.

That will not happen. That would be competing with those guys, which are one of the few ones making new cool games for NEOGEO.
Is amount of memory the only thing blocking ngdev games? I do a little neogeo homebrew in my free time and honestly am really looking forward to playing it on a real mvs. There isn't really an affordable neogeo flashkit usable for development.

I agree with not wanting to step on the toes of people doing it as their job though.

That will not happen. That would be competing with those guys, which are one of the few ones making new cool games for NEOGEO.In any case, their games are so big, that won't fit in the memory of the multi.
Is amount of memory the only thing blocking ngdev games? I do a little neogeo homebrew in my free time and honestly am really looking forward to playing it on a real mvs. There isn't really an affordable neogeo flashkit usable for development.
I agree with not wanting to step on the toes of people doing it as their job though.
it's not just the space that is a potential issue.. It's the piracy component. NG:DEV does some amazing work, and making it possible to put their games on this new flash cart opens up some pretty bad arguments/discussions/possibilities for everyone in this scene that does homebrew.

Nice to see this is going to happen. I am not sure if this was asked. But maybe a save button or option like the ever drives.

I am definitely in for one.

I'm in for a multi MVS. Darksoft's projects are awesome, and the price is always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back