What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to see if it's possible to change the firmware of both STV and CPS2 and of course NEO GEO / AES MULTI so that it will auto-update the firmware if a certain file (i.e. firmware.bin) is present in the root directory of the microSD.

Cheers.

I guess I'm in too. Especially if it supports AES and MVS. What about a highscore save option?

I'm interested in one of these, as soon as I get one I will start building another CMVS specifically for using one of these carts.

An MVS multi-cart will kick down the barriers for casual homebrewers and indie developers.

I would buy one or two of them. I can tell you that these will be far more popular than anything you've done to date, so my only suggestion is to make your production scalable :D

edit: Actually I do have one idea to pass along. It would be nice to have an assignable game preview snapshot in the menu, or videos if that's possible.

Last edited:
very excited about this project! i hope it fully supports mvs soft dip options and all that jazz! i hope it has all the games that the pirate multi cart community has shorted us over the years as well! i love my 138 and my 161 but yeah.

Will this multi-cart be capable of quick game loading with out resetting ? Similar to the 161 in one boot carts ?

I'm trying to see if it's possible to change the firmware of both STV and CPS2 and of course NEO GEO / AES MULTI so that it will auto-update the firmware if a certain file (i.e. firmware.bin) is present in the root directory of the microSD.

Cheers.
you could auto-select a region BIOS a similar way to how we cracked various systems by running trojans.
you would have a 4X the size flash mounted onto a DIP-TSOP48 prototyping adapter (they are super cheap) and have a wire that goes to the multi-cart and FPGA that selects the correct bank. So on game change you can auto-select the correct BIOS just by switching the upper two address lines on the BIOS high/low. you could also do it with a pre-programmed 4X EPROM by having those pins not in the socket and wired to the multi-board/FPGA. this is for switching the STV BIOS mainly.

Last edited:
Hey dudes. :D

Yeah, totally all-in on this.

I doubt this will come into play but I would prefer no original hardware (PCBs, shells etc. etc.) are used here. Looking forward to seeing this thing come to fruition, Darksoft!

Hey dudes. :D Yeah, totally all-in on this.I doubt this will come into play but I would prefer no original hardware (PCBs, shells etc. etc.) are used here. Looking forward to seeing this thing come to fruition, Darksoft!
agreed. No cart sackng needed. In fact, if you can make the cart look as little like a neo cart as possible (using smaller parts so the carts are shorter) that would be pretty neat.

call me weird.

Hey dudes. :D Yeah, totally all-in on this.I doubt this will come into play but I would prefer no original hardware (PCBs, shells etc. etc.) are used here. Looking forward to seeing this thing come to fruition, Darksoft!
agreed. No cart sackng needed. In fact, if you can make the cart look as little like a neo cart as possible (using smaller parts so the carts are shorter) that would be pretty neat.

call me weird.
I like all original parts, but yeah I think you're definitely weird on the "Not look like a neo cart"... If you do that, none of the current storage methods will really work for it (Neominibox, Shockbox, Snapcase, etc) and I think that's a pain in the neck.

Maybe I imagined it, but I recall it being mentioned that the multi was going to have edge connectors for both MVS and AES? Wouldn't that help differentiate it anyway?

Last edited:
Nothing is confirmed so don't set in stone that one cart will work on both systems. This hasn't gone into the design phase yet.

I'm actually considering getting a dedicated cab for this, when the multicart comes out eventually

SuperNeo29Candy.jpg

I would also be in for one of these, with full compatibility for all officially-released games. AES or MVS, does not really matter as long as it works with my MVS converter (LOL). Some games are pretty impossible to find these days (I'm looking at you, Pulstar)

Regards.

Edit: I wonder if NGDev or Neobitz would ask for your device to be incompatible with the roms of their games...

Edit: I wonder if NGDev or Neobitz would ask for your device to be incompatible with the roms of their games...
As stated earlier in the thread they will be incompatible by default because of their size. This cart will support up to the largest original cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back