What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: I wonder if NGDev or Neobitz would ask for your device to be incompatible with the roms of their games...
As stated earlier in the thread they will be incompatible by default because of their size. This cart will support up to the largest original cart.
Thanks for the info Mitsu, I understand this for Razion, which is 1.5Gb in size, however from my understanding, Knight's Chance is smaller than most official games (about 200Mb IIRC?), same with Last Hope, therefore my doubt.

Regards.

silly restrictions will just cause it to be hacked and then on-sold for more.
the board will have X amount of storage space for ROM flashing. you will likely be able to put whatever you want in there as long as it fits. if some homebrew game is smaller then it will probably run.
the reasons those multi carts work is because the only thing that changes is the software.
you cant stop people putting games on an SD Card and flashing the cart with whatever game it is. if you do it will only bring hackers out of the woodwork.
look at region modding/chips etc. for DVDs/Bluray or whatever. if the companies didn't do that bullshit the chips wouldn't exist. since they enforced some restrictions it got cracked and now those people are making profits from doing it.
there's a saying 'if you build it they will come'. there's another saying 'if you protect it someone will crack it'.

will there be a reprint for kraut buster for aes? curently you csnt buy any ng dev team aes games? so why worry about piracy?

In the entire history of flash-cart devices, there has never been a single product that put DRM restrictions of any kind on the roms that it supports, so I don't see why there is any expectation of an MVS kit inventing and magically implementing these theoretical protections.

NGDEV simply has to take the physical limitations of the device into consideration for their future titles and they have 100% protection against anyone loading them on the kit. It's simple and impossible to for users to traverse. I'm sure they will purchase the device and find a myriad of ways to block their titles from loading on it. Problem solved.

padding is one way, but then again that didn't stop people ripping DC games with a BBA and removing the padding, burning to CDR, adding mod chip etc etc

there's no physical way to prevent it because the cart contains nothing except EPROMs.

if they make it over-size the software won't run on the main board.

If they add some protection device in the cart it'll be patched out.

I love the idea of Neo Multicart that isn't missing Waku Waku 7 and Wind Jammers! Count me as interested.

will it have link function?

OLEd or E-Ink Cart Lable would be cool :)

Well, this is a great idea. A Neo Geo Multicart, no made in China. All "original games" in one cart or in a "flash cart"....

Anyway, I want one...

any news about the "project" yet?

I am really excited about that one - can´t wait to put those nasty "161:1 MVS Cart" where they belong :thumbsup: :evil:

Last edited:
Would it be possible to use two ztex.de Fpga Moduls, some custom pcb and just copy selected roms from SD Card to SdRam?

Atrix 7 have 100 pins with free voltage to use. So two would a go to connect a full cart. I guess even the smallest if them are large enough to do the little board logic.

64MB Sdram per card would be good to store the selected rom and map it to the pins.

Would something like that work?

Iin that case you'd need a battery to maintain power to the SDRAM.
Unless you mean you program the SDRAM each time you power on?
I don't think that is popular with people. A lot want their favorite game programmed so they can just power on and play without having to open the cab door and mess with the little LCD buttons etc.
I know that's what I would want. There's only one good game on that system anyway... the Metal Slug series.

I would programm the SDRam each time i power on the system automatically with the last game used ...

so you want an EEPROM on there too now? you can't do anything automatic without something being saved somewhere.
maybe after successfully programming, the ARM could write a config file to the memory card then if the file is present on boot-up it loads that game automatically. that could work. it just depends on how Darksoft wants to design it.

the ztex modul come with all that stuff.

Sorry i understand i sound n00bish.

The moduls can access ram with 400 MHz. Using two Moduls should make them fast enough to delivere at 12 Mhz ... I think that would be one of the main problem with sdram.

Using two Moduls gives you 200 pins. So all the logic for an aes board could be inside the fpga.

Its just some idea .... making two L-Shaped adapter boards, mounting a ztex on each of them, some little fpga code (basically all the routing from ROM to pind + custom chips ... ouch), sime loader that copies the rom from sd to sdram ... first prototype.

so you want an EEPROM on there too now? you can't do anything automatic without something being saved somewhere.
maybe after successfully programming, the ARM could write a config file to the memory card then if the file is present on boot-up it loads that game automatically. that could work. it just depends on how Darksoft wants to design it.
and...when you load a new game, you unload that configuration. But I'm afraid that AFAIK the configs/records are stored in the Motherboard itself. Am I right?

the ztex? it can also load bitstream from sd card

the sd2snes also loads different fpga configurations depending on game ...

if that wad the question .., (n00b me, sorry)

I just wanted to hop in to express my interest for this card when it comes out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back