What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the menü of GDEMU:

Cart starts automatically rom number 1, if thag rom is a menue, than it starts the menü with list of other roms.

i would suggest an improvement:

switch to select to always start rom 1 or last one
button to switch from current rom to rom 1 (menü)

Will highscore saving be a feature ?

I don't care that much about the menu but it would be nice if it could boot like an original once setup to do so.

At this moment it will Flash memory based, as usual
Still to be decided if menu based or LCD Panel based (as CPS2)
Games loaded from microSD into the flashes.
LCD screen like multiCPS2 juste behind a panel its very good idea to change game easily

This multicartridge it will work with any MVS motherboard ? (slot 1, 2, 4 and 6 ?)

Tanks

Will highscore saving be a feature ?

I don't care that much about the menu but it would be nice if it could boot like an original once setup to do so.
Highscore saving is done by the MVS motherboard (for the last 8 games). This device will most likely just act as if an ordinary MVS game is plugged in.

Originally I was against using a LCD. But using a menu adds a lot more work/time. With a LCD it will feel more "original" too and less than a multi.

Feel free to post. I'll put them all in the first post of this thread.

LCD keeps the card more 'original' feeling.
MENU makes the card more functional (and probably a bit cheaper, less HW components)

Personally I would favor LCD (with autoReset) and not the menu. Main reason: I get forced to actually play the game, instead of getting lured in the ease of giving up and choosing a new game on the screen from the menu. It's not a PC or Console, it's a cab you are using it in!

first question darksoft and important,will it be a limited run those aes-mvs flashcard?
and i hope if you will create 1 that it plays everything fine and take your time to create it.
the price is for me not a struggle,but hope its not a limited run,because i WANT 1 sir.
i wish you luck in creating that flashcard,hope the dream comes true.

run depends on orders. supply and demand.... if there's high demand there will be supply ;)

ok,im happy its not a limited run,sometimes you must be verry fast to get one.
i will come daily to check this thread.
i have so many flashcards now and i dont want to miss the most important 1.
and hope its updateble via firmware or os file like everdrive.
if there are problems with games they are fixable.

Last edited:
The ST-V and CPS2 kits have both been firmware updateable so this one will not be any different.

ok,thats verry good news,for,whatever the design is,if its quality and works fine,i want even to pay 500$.
such cards is very important they have support,and i readed a thread about the cps2 audio crackling,and the problem is found and a solution is in the make or made already.
so thats verry good that you guys give good support.
did darksoft knows what medium he will use?sdcard or usbstick?
for me the best seems sdcard,they are cheap and easy to use,small.

It will be microSD as always. No change there. I'll try to update compatibility, but besides that...MicroSD

I'd prefer an on-screen menu personally.

Perhaps anu option could allow it to boot straight to the last played game, or the menu (if a button is held at boot). Then the user could decide if they want it to boot straight to a menu or to a game. This would save the cost of a display panel and also allow it to work exactly like an original game when desired. Or an optional display could be sold separately.

I'm just throwing ideas out, and I'd be happy either way.

i also prefer a menu if possible,its good enough for me,just that i can see what game i want to play.
just like for example sd2snes is good for me.
if we get a fancy menu,thats nice,but not necessary.
the most important for me is the card functions perfekt and all games working without problems.
dont know what extra you can put in,unibios is in the console.

Feel free to post. I'll put them all in the first post of this thread.

LCD keeps the card more 'original' feeling.MENU makes the card more functional (and probably a bit cheaper, less HW components)

Personally I would favor LCD (with autoReset) and not the menu. Main reason: I get forced to actually play the game, instead of getting lured in the ease of giving up and choosing a new game on the screen from the menu. It's not a PC or Console, it's a cab you are using it in!
I just don't get this. With all the respect, the "original feeling" and "I get forced to actually play the game, instead of getting lured in the ease of giving up and choosing a new game" comments sound like the wishes of a 15 year old that can't control himself. Why the need to bend over and mess with a LCD screen when you can do all that from a menu?. Also, I doubt people with an AES console want a bulky LCD screen on the cart or the side of the console to change the game instead using a built in menu.

\o/.k.

As a long-time fan of the NeoGeo and a recent convert to the church of Flashcarts, the very thought that this thread exists fills me with glee. Even if the price went to $1000 for the thing, I would buy it. I would have a devil of a time trying to justify it to She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed, but I would still do it. Consider me a definite future purchaser of this!

I was a bit hesitant about ordering the CPS2 multigame card, now I'm getting one for sure. But the Neo-Geo version is a day one purchase for me, definitely!

I just don't get this. With all the respect, the "original feeling" and "I get forced to actually play the game, instead of getting lured in the ease of giving up and choosing a new game" comments sound like the wishes of a 15 year old that can't control himself. Why the need to bend over and mess with a LCD screen when you can do all that from a menu?. Also, I doubt people with an AES console want a bulky LCD screen on the cart or the side of the console to change the game instead using a built in menu.
Personally I don't want a menu. I don't want this thing to feel or look Chinese-y at all. I personally like the "style" that Darksoft has developed with both the ST-V and CPS2 kits. I will use all of my friend-cred with Darksoft to resist the inclusion of an on-screen menu. Unless there could be a user option to use one or the other, of course.

the thing with a menu is it would be running on the MVS. that means software has to be written.
an LCD with game list like cps2 runs off the ARM on the multi-game PCB and I'm sure is easier to do because the existing cps2 code could be used as a base and modified. personally I like the LCD thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back