What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, guys if you insist... There you go :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

339sm1i.jpg

sltv84.jpg

2qirzo0.jpg

259cxuq.jpg

In case you are curious, I had to order the PCBs from one, the components from Mauser, digikey, etc and then when I have it all, I take them to acompany that has special equipment and a special oven. The PCB has several control and position points that help this machine to know the right coordinates.

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8qkaTsr2_o

Then we program together a sequence for this machine (called pick and place) which takes all the SMD and BGA components, puts them in the right place and in the oven they get soldered.

Like this one:
https://www.smtnet.com/company/inde...y_id=54740&component=catalog&catalog_id=24612

Now it's electrically ready, but I need to copy the code into the FPGA, CPLD and ARM and debug it.It has an LCD screen, the same one from CPS2,
that helps me debugging and knowing what's going on in the real thing. The CPLD, ARM and the FPGA are programmed via the JTAG

I think I'll have in 2-3 weeks games loaded and properly working...

I'll keep you updated :)

Oh... this is heating up!!
I'm realising I'm a downright arcade junky now... possibly more addicted to the equipment than the playing of the games.

And just in case it's not clear. The 2nd and 3rd picture are from the main PCB. It has 99% components on one side. It has 3 connectors that connect to the second PCB which is completely passive (Pic #4).

Oh dear god darksoft that looks awesome. I'm slowly filling up my savings account for this one.

Is that a microSD port or an SD port?

That's how one solidifies vapor with class. That's awesome DS.

Now let's see how the goons at the "videogames 4-chan" forum react.

By the way... I hit the <Report Content> button on the post with the pictures multiple times, because it's too awesome.

That's how one solidifies vapor with class. That's awesome DS.

Now let's see how the goons at the "videogames 4-chan" forum react.

By the way... I hit the <Report Content> button on the post with the pictures multiple times, because it's too awesome.
LOL and double LOL
:thumbup:

I already explained it, but wanted to show how complex this is. We have a Ciclone IV FPGA handling 2x DDR BGA memories. Then we have an ARM that controls the flashes and the microSD and then we have a CPLD that disconnects the bus when we are programming the memories. This PCB has so many technologies mixed that it should be a show case :P

@Darksoft this looks amazing !
How do they handle the components on the back? Do they first solder one side and than repeat the pick and place procedure from the backside?

@Darksoft this looks amazing !
How do they handle the components on the back? Do they first solder one side and than repeat the pick and place procedure from the backside?
yes, something like that. IR ovens control very well the temperature, so actually there is little risk of the other side getting too hot. The trick is to do first the side with less components and then the one with most components at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back