What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOO, Neo DEV . those guys are slime balls. can't release their games on Steam like a regular developer. they got to exploit an ever dwindling market for all they can. their business model is manipulative BS.
I can't wait for someone to crack their games.

Didn't they also lobby to make sure the DS multi wouldn't support their games?

BOYCOTT Neo DEV team, forever!
You're doing it wrong sir. If you dislike them, talking about them, you're actually helping them out. lol

You're doing it wrong sir. If you dislike them, talking about them, you're actually helping them out. lol

ya, touche. i guess i forgot the old viral marketing.

me reading something about NDT before morning coffee..
yb08gvM.jpg

ya, touche. i guess i forgot the old viral marketing.

me reading something about NDT before morning coffee..
yb08gvM.jpg
Hey, I like watching QVC, HSN and the like. Where else can I see stuff like this happen live :D

Guys, no boycotting here. This is not why we grab here, we do constructive things.

If someone doesn't like their games or sales policy, simply don't buy their games. Like it or not, they are one of the few ones bringing us new games for this platform.

I actually didn't even know about Neo Dev until recently. Some of their ROMs run in MAME which I just updated on my cabinet two weeks ago. (was previously running a much older version)

I think that if the cart has enough memory for the big official MVS games that is more than enough room for home devs to make something cool . I'm glad the "lock out" is only based on memory size which was what I thought was the case until the subject was brought up in a way that made me worry there was some other sort of protection scheme at play.

All is well . This will be cool!!

I actually didn't even know about Neo Dev until recently. Some of their ROMs run in MAME which I just updated on my cabinet two weeks ago. (was previously running a much older version)
AFAIK, there is no such NEO DEV, but there is NG:DEV (https://ngdevteam.com). Also, AFAIK they have never released any roms for any of their games, and they have never been dumped. Where did you get them?

I was speaking in context with the previous comments about someone first saying that the NG MVS flashcart will lock out certain games and then someone else saying that this Dev team should be boycotted ... All of which was news to me being a newcomer

Here is a screenshot of what I was referring to. If I didn't get the name right, my apologies for the confusion. I thought I was being clear given the context of the most recent comments prior to my post

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    608.3 KB · Views: 254
I have no knowledge of any of this, I'm merely interested in the flashcart as it relates to my own personal use and in my hope that the arrival of this technology leads to home brew games for all of us to enjoy

As for how to create a revenue stream for home dev or organized 3rd party Dev, I think the answer to that is very simple, although I am positive it won't be seen as viable but it seems to me that non-company supported game creation is equal to musicians who record and release their own music (which is actually my day job) ...

You put your music out to be heard and you sell your music on your own website or through the various outlets available to you.

Allow people who appreciate your music (or game) but who may have come by it without paying for it to make a donation easily without vilifying them for having it.

The statistics for musicians who do this show that a lot of people support music this way. You can get paid for your music production if you work from a standpoint that you will never be able to curb piracy. Most efforts that attempt this only serve to make it harder for paying users. And as we just saw with this boycott post, it pisses people off who are otherwise innocent. That goes for any digital media

You guys are getting it wrong. The good side of having a big memory bank would be the ability to play neo-cd exclusive games with pcm audio.

Not playing neo dev games.

I was speaking in context with the previous comments about someone first saying that the NG MVS flashcart will lock out certain games and then someone else saying that this Dev team should be boycotted ... All of which was news to me being a newcomer

Here is a screenshot of what I was referring to. If I didn't get the name right, my apologies for the confusion. I thought I was being clear given the context of the most recent comments prior to my post
I believe I was the one that brought up locking out games. I'll openly admit I don't know the technical details of these carts, nor will I pretend too. I was just wondering if unreleased games like Ghostlop and Ironclad would be supported. Worse comes to worse I own the carts, so no big deal.

One other question, is the plan to still allow for four games to be loaded at a time? If so will that allow someone to run this cart with 4 games and 3 other carts on a 4 slot. I know a little redundant, but just wondering how switching between the games loaded on the cart and the other carts will work.

Guys, the developers of these games asked DS not to allow their games to played on his multi, not a big deal. Like DS said, they are making new content/games for the system, so let them do what they do. Of course we are not boycotting the developers,

Now, do I support/agree with their marketing strategy, no. All I will say is that, and this is my opinion and belief, Darksoft's multis, any multis for that matter have never really harmed the industry, if anything, like mame it helps preserve them. The multis let you play these games on original hardware, games that are slowly disappearing and dying out. The multis do not cause the original games to lose value, if anything, it increases the value of these higher priced games (for whatever reasons they are pricded so high, I dont know). The multis expose these games to a substantially larger gaming audience that now wants to own these original games. I will happily wait until someone sells a copy of those games at a price I am happy with paying or they get cracked/released or whatever, it will eventually happen. I will play them when this happens. Plenty of other games to play guys.

On the homebrew front, Darksoft has already said the cart will support the same limitations as the original devs had to deal with. The main concern that everyone had was that the cart behaved like the originals, well we got it folks.

Last edited:
It's cool man. I think that rom was not released by the NG:Dev developing team themselves, it was dumped from their first released cart, because that cart used standard SNK boards and had no protection at all. All their later releases use custom boards with protection, therefore none of their games have been dumped yet. Maybe never will.

Regards.

Thanks man. I am not familiar with their games. Probably because they keep such a tight lid on them . That's the compromise you get with protection measures. It's a shame they don't employ an easier method of distribution.

I saw a Kickstarter for a new PCEngine game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sarumaru/henshin-engine-the-game-pc-engine-tg-16-pc-steam

I think this is a very fair way to release a new game. Once they hit their goal, If it gets released beyond that, it won't really hurt them. And if they have a donation feature for those that come buy it without paying, I bet a lot of people would donate a few bucks if they enjoyed the game.

The best (imo) NGDEV games also had Dreamcast ports: Gunlord and Neo XYX. It's a shame they dropped the DC platform due to rampant piracy.

Anyhow we're a bit off topic now.

Any news on a video? I've been dying to see this baby in action even if the menu is still a WIP. If you do post a video can you maybe show it jumping from game to game? Windjammers and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 would be great example games just to show off you can beat the 161 in 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back