What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
d2jQOgBnMKGrHgoOKkYEjlLmbkuBKPdiVcW_1.JPG.jpeg

I apologize if this is answered somewhere on this 85 page thread and if it is perhaps the answer should be pinned on the first post / FAQ.... But basically I'm confused why in the day where 64GB+ SD cards are fairly common, why would this flash card be limited to only "4" games? Seems like such a waste of an opportunity.

I mean, with MVS 161-in-1 being fairly common and ~$65 I'm not sure who this limited cart is aimed at...

No disrespect intended, but I was on board to buy both an AES and MVS cart version, but with that 4 title limitation I'll be waiting for a less restrictive solution that embraces the customers desires to hold any amount of titles on the cartridge of their choice.

I asked about this before on the games. You can load your sd card with all the games but you can only have up to 4 loaded into the flash cart's memory for quick access. You will be able to change the games anytime you want. Count yourself lucky we get 4 slots. I have an old sega mega drive and any time I want to change games I have to reflash the 1 memory slot which takes time. At least we get something close to a 4 slot mvs. You can load it with 3 of your favorites and swap out the last slot whenever you feel like busting out a new game.

I apologize if this is answered somewhere on this 85 page thread and if it is perhaps the answer should be pinned on the first post / FAQ.... But basically I'm confused why in the day where 64GB+ SD cards are fairly common, why would this flash card be limited to only "4" games? Seems like such a waste of an opportunity.
You've got it misunderstood , the SD card will hold as many games as you want, and you can flash up to 4 of them at a time to the cart, rather than 1 at a time like the everdrives. I believe this was done as an additional feature to resemble 4in1 neo geo machines.

I don't think it was made to resemble 4 in 1 neo geo's, but FOR them.

The way I understand it is, if you have a 1 slot, you can only load 1 game. 2 Slot can load 2 games, and 4 slot can load 4 games.

Maybe I have it wrong.

See Darksoft's clarification on this in his upcoming post right below this one... :D

LoLoL. You don't have to read every post on this thread. Or sort through it for answers. Just read Darksoft's first post.

Thank you for the clarification... Phew! I'm glad I misunderstood! Hoping DarkSoft does decide to go for the on-screen menu instead of LCD, especially for us MVS players, either way, I'm back in for an MVS and AES model now :)

It will work with the LCD and also have a menu. He's using the LCD while he works on the menu. Once it's released, everyone will use the Menu I would guess.

We wanted to do the 4 slots to resemble the multi slot machines. To me the ability to choose a game in a multi slot cabinet was the coolest feature of the MVS cab. I wanted 6 slots but I was overruled. lol

And what appen if we insert 4 darksoft neogeo cards in 6 neogeo slots ? we can have 24 games loaded at a time ? XD

I have a 4 slot, how will the switching games feature work on the multicart?

basically everything has been answered already, but yes it supports both LCD and On Screen Menu.

I'm still fighting with Slot change feature aka (GO TO NEXT SLOT), I'll try to make it work with a combination of buttons, worst case the cart will have a button for that.

thanks, yeah I was curious about the slot change feature.

One of my biggest complaints about using the current 161 in 1 cart on the Neo Geo AES is that the cheat codes on my Magic Key MVS converter only work on a few games. What I want to ask is, will the Action Replay functions work on all the games on this new multigame cartridge?

basically everything has been answered already, but yes it supports both LCD and On Screen Menu.
I'm still fighting with Slot change feature aka (GO TO NEXT SLOT), I'll try to make it work with a combination of buttons, worst case the cart will have a button for that.
A pinout would be great so you could wire the "Select Game" button directly to the cart on multislot cabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back