What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want it to look cheap either, but having control over it would be great as well.

So far I like what I see with the GFX.

Forgive me if it's already been mentioned — but I'll humbly put out there that it would be amazing to have the ability to change the game-sort criteria: i.e. alphabetical, release date, genre, megs, rotten tomatoes rating... :P The ability to add customs tags/folders or simply 'star' favorites and sort them to the top would be divine!

I maintain the mvs cab at a video game museum and have dreamed of being able to create custom game 'playlists' to go with lessons plans on various aspects of game history. As it is, people just walk up to the neo-geo having no idea what it is or where to start.

But of course I'll be overjoyed with whatever we get!

On another note...

Having just discovered Darksoft's projects, I'm curious if they sell-out in a hot second like Razoola's conversion carts? Should I be saving up now to be able to pre-order within the first 10 minute for fear of being left out forever? :)

Last edited:
Forgive me if it's already been mentioned — but I'll humbly put out there that it would be amazing to have the ability to change the game-sort criteria: i.e. alphabetical, release date, genre, megs, rotten tomatoes rating... :P The ability to add customs tags/folders or simply 'star' favorites and sort them to the top would be divine!

I maintain the mvs cab at a video game museum and have dreamed of being able to create custom game 'playlists' to go with lessons plans on various aspects of game history. As it is, people just walk up to the neo-geo having no idea what it is or where to start.

On another note...

Having just discovered Darksoft's projects, I'm curious if they sell-out in a hot second like Razoola's conversion carts? Should I be saving up now to be able to pre-order within the first 10 minute for fear of being left out forever? :)
customized lists is part of the plan.

The first batch will likely sell out immediately. So when preorders go up I would try to get one. Demand for the CPS2 multi is still strong ans it sells out within days of us getting more units made.

The difference here is we aren't converting anything. These are new custom pcbs so we can keep making them forever if need be.

I don't pay attention to the Neo forums anymore but I bet some of them consider his conversions to be "originals that you must have to complete a collection". Sad.

I guess if they the initial batch is less than 500 units it will sell out quick ;) That's a lot of cash up front for production and time to produce/test...
Pls can I ask how/if soft dip settings can be saved/adjusted using the cart?
Looking forward to the preorder, thanks for all the effort =]

On another note...

Razoola conversion carts? Now that's really funny. I bet he could make fake Gucci bags and sell them to the Neo Idiots for $1000 a piece just because they were made by the great Razoola "The king of RocknRolla".

\o/.k.

Preorders soon? I better start laughing at Darksoft and Mitsurugi-w's jokes again!

Really digging the progression of Darksoft's craft here. ST-V multi was the first and we got game switching via jumpers. A small cottage industry popped around building an LCD selector for that. The CPS2 followed and included the LCD selector. Cool. Then the CPS3 finally gave us a soft menu.

Each solution has worked well. But with the massive library of the Neo Geo, jumpers and an LCD selector would be painful to navigate. A soft menu is required. Glad Darksoft realizes this. We may even see the menu open sourced! Along with this design solutioning, all the other things he learned along the way shall be incorporated: auto-reset, improved memory load time. Nice work sir. This is no cash grab y'all like the earlier mentioned conversions. It will really be a masterpiece.

Where do I preorder? Is it here or will a link be provided closed to the time?

Preorders soon? I better start laughing at Darksoft and Mitsurugi-w's jokes again!
Now that was funny! And you can wipe your nose now...

Oh, and remember when Mitsu and DS were talking about that thing... yeah, now THAT was FUNNY!

:D

Oh, and remember when Mitsu and DS were talking about that thing... yeah, now THAT was FUNNY!
Which time? The list of diatribes to pick from are far too numerous. You'll have to be more specific and give me like a calendar date and be accurate down to the minute. Them two boys, whoah boy, what funny guys. A laugh a minute (slaps knee)!

Wonders if this is sending my name high up on the pre-order list. Because if it is, I got more.

Which time? The list of diatribes to pick from are far too numerous. You'll have to be more specific and give me like a calendar date and be accurate down to the minute. Them two boys, whoah boy, what funny guys. A laugh a minute (slaps knee)!
Wonders if this is sending my name high up on the pre-order list. Because if it is, I got more.
When we have a video showing how the cart works, even not finished product, then we'll take preorders. Hopefully will happen real soon.

Darksoft, you can't imagine how amazed I am with this. I have been following this thread for 2 years and now it's becoming a reality. I will take my preorder of AES version as soon as you put it. :) e

Will the price get much higher with the plastic shell? :)

Saludos desde Ciudad Real!! :) Estamos esperando ya unos cuantos por España que yo sepa, ¿Eh? :) jajajjaja :D

I don't know if this has been addressed but I'm wondering how pre-orders will be addressed. Will you go down the interest list post and message each person maybe 50 people at a time and give them 2-3 days to make the purchase? Then go to the next 50 or so? Or will it be a free for all? I'm saying this because I live in a different time zone like others and I was on the preorder interest list kinda early and I don't want to miss my chance as I have been following this since it's inception. I know you are busy but I think this is something that needs to be addressed fairly. Thanks.

Reactions: SVM
A couple of questions.

Will there be a European distributer as per the CPS2?

Will it run neo Geo cd conversions - I can't see mention of it in the thread?

I don't know if this has been addressed but I'm wondering how pre-orders will be addressed. Will you go down the interest list post and message each person maybe 50 people at a time and give them 2-3 days to make the purchase? Then go to the next 50 or so? Or will it be a free for all? I'm saying this because I live in a different time zone like others and I was on the preorder interest list kinda early and I don't want to miss my chance as I have been following this since it's inception. I know you are busy but I think this is something that needs to be addressed fairly. Thanks.
that's the plan. I have a more or less complete list, so these people will be contacted and will have 2-3 days to make their purchase. After that it will go to next person.

A couple of questions.

Will there be a European distributer as per the CPS2?

Will it run neo Geo cd conversions - I can't see mention of it in the thread?
Yes, European and American distributor as usual.

Reactions: SVM
Oh my god I can't wait! Which American distributor do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back