What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, going back to The Neo Geo Multi flash cart. After the initial menu backlash I decided to take a break and come back stronger with more ideas :) Some of them have been discussed before. IMHO I would create 2 carts because AES and MVS customers are really different. MVS customers have had a choice of cheap Chinese Multi cart games for a while. When they are not perfect or the best, they are really cheap. Keeping that in mind, it would be hard to justify for a MVS owner to spend a lot of extra money on a cart that can flash and keep all the games in memory. However, AES users never had a multi cart or flash solution (with the exception of the MGD2 and the expensive Neo Store 161-in-1 Cart that is evidently a Chinese MVS 16-in-1 somehow adapted to run on the AES console). So here it goes ...

AES Cart
- Menu (no dispswitches)
- Enough memory to flash the whole Neo Geo collection of games
- Cartridge shell with sticker

MVS Cart
- Menu and dipswitches
- Enough memory to flash 8 games and work as a Multi Slot
- Optional Cartridge shell with sticker (because some people would like just the bare-bones PCB, the arcade feel...)

About the Shells...

Maybe something could be worked out with the owner of this project:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?238277-AES-style-MVS-replacement-shells-preview

I will buy any Neo Geo cart that Darksoft decides to make. However, I would hate to see a few months later somebody else coming with a cartridge that actually is better than Darksoft's one. I don't think this is about perfection but at the same time is about making something that doesn't leave a chance for others to come with something better.

\o/.k.

Just a small comment, there are more MVS owners and most Home System owners already have a converter, at least the gamers do.

And Quan, the creator of that project is approachable. Seems like a good guy.

You are right on that one. There are a lot more MVS users than AES ones. However is not true that most of AES users already have a converter, not to mention that is expensive for what it is, an adapter.

\o/.k.

I own four Neo cabinets, tons of carts, an AES I bought in like 1995 and still only have 4 games for it. The three I bought that summer and a used Fatal Fury I bought a few months later.

I have never owned a converter. I've always wanted one but couldn't justify the price especially considering the problems some of them had.

I don't have a lot of AES games. Only the classic cheap ones... I bought Blazing Star for AES when it came out and traded it years later for a few rare pcbs. It wasn't a bad trade but Blazing Star for AES is now very expensive. My luck :)

\o/.k.

I just want to play without glitches. Load times are a minor concern (for me) as well as a menu, dip switches or led.

I'm pleased with Ds's track record so above all else, I'm glad there's passionate interest.

I just want to play without glitches. Load times are a minor concern (for me) as well as a menu, dip switches or led.

I'm pleased with Ds's track record so above all else, I'm glad there's passionate interest.
This.

On a side note. I feel AES owners should get there own version of the multi/flash cart. Or atleast verify the MVS version works with AES converters.

Sure converters are expensive but they are literally half the price of AES games. If AES converter is too expensive, upgrade to an omega/CMVS.

i dont know if this is true but this is my impression, maybe its not accurate. An mvs onwer, with a unibios just wants to play the games. An aes ower wants the real thing, or a 3000 dollar metal slug conversion cart.

I like the real thing too but when it comes to pay $1000 for a game i just prefer the Multicart. I doubt a lot of AES users would like to pay $3000 for a Metal Slug conversion, it just sounds dumb.

\o/.k.
When you have some time search the Aero Fighters 3 scam. It's part of the reason there's even a 161 in 1 Home Cart.

I knew about the Aero Fighters 3 scam but didn't know it was related to the 161 in 1 AES cart. I have to check that, haha :)

\o/.k.

If the eventual multicart doesn't support both MVS & AES, I think I'll just sell my AES. As mitsurugi-w said, the converter price is just a bit too much for me to justify. The games I have for it don't get much play anyway.

I would guess from the thread title that AES will be supported. Just a thought.
This is a thread for discussing that possibility for sure. Just a thought.

I still wonder why with the success of the DavidG's 161 Home System conversions, why the Chinese bootleggers haven't just released their own version for much cheaper?

The mvs one's are dirt cheap, the cost should be comparable for Home Sytems.

Wasn't the infamous Tonk involved on the fake Aero Fighters 3 scam? The whole thing was just ridiculous, like the neo-geo.com forum itself.

\o/.k.

DavidG used/wrecked TonK's rep as middleman, yes. It took experts a while to disprove the carts.

In the past, TonK helped get Ghostlop into the hands of gamers so choosing him as the middleman was sneaky clever.

TonK's a member here so hopefully he reads this and can speak to it directly. I wouldn't count on that, it will only bring drama to TonK and this thread.

I have never known a system to have the crazy history the Neo has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back