What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love reading through the user requests and appreciate that people want it to be THE BEST EVER... my excitement for this is peaking off the charts already.

FWIW: I don't care if I need to use manual jumpers to select games... I am happy and think we've gone from zero to hero regardless of what method I need to use for selection.

On another note, DS, how are the odds for future enhancements? I know a bunch of stuff has been discussed and I by no means expect anything to come in the near term (or even at all, really), but there are a handful of things I'm hoping will be explored in the future.

Since I finally got my EL panels working, I'm hoping that someday there might be a way to interface the panels with the multi. Presumably, "out of the box" the multi will work like any other cart so it'll be, say, slot 1 in a 4 clot and the panel will light up like normal. What'd be interesting to consider down the road are a couple of things:

1. Allow the el panels to interface with the 4 selected games. This might mean some hardware modification such as wiring that panels directly to the cart, which I'd be okay with.

2. Better yet, perhaps someone could find a way to not only interface the panels like described above, but also do so in a way where the panels are actually LCD screens (this has been done before) and the appropriate mini marquee would be displayed based on what is loaded into the virtual slot(s).

Really just curious if this is something that might be considered in a future update (even if only explored). Is the cart built in a way to potentially make such future features even a possibility?

If I recall correctly, the code for the menu and stuff will be open source, so almost anything will be possible for people who are motivated... I.E. the Darksoft Neo Geo multi has been designed with forward thinking and has lots of untapped potential.

:D

Sorry if it was answered already, but just curious which games are currently not working?

Sorry if it was answered already, but just curious which games are currently not working?
Any game from NG:DEVTEAM, since they make their own custom PCB:

Gunlord
Fast Striker
Last Hope
Kraut Buster

IMHO, This is a non-issue since they are still releasing new games for the Neo Geo. I think we should support them.

One more NG Dev Team release to add to the above incompatible list: Razion

No Knight's Chance by Neobitz either since that's a recent homebrew release.

The 3-4 games that don't work aren't NG Dev Team games. NG Dev Team games won't work on the multi. See the 1st post on this thread to see why. No point asking which one of these 3-4 games are. Darksoft will likely have this fixed before release or soon after. Likely, he is just mentioning this since since he is brutally honest with his updates.

We are in good hands folks. Just save your pennies between now and the eventual release.

On another note, DS, how are the odds for future enhancements? I know a bunch of stuff has been discussed and I by no means expect anything to come in the near term (or even at all, really), but there are a handful of things I'm hoping will be explored in the future.

Since I finally got my EL panels working, I'm hoping that someday there might be a way to interface the panels with the multi. Presumably, "out of the box" the multi will work like any other cart so it'll be, say, slot 1 in a 4 clot and the panel will light up like normal. What'd be interesting to consider down the road are a couple of things:

1. Allow the el panels to interface with the 4 selected games. This might mean some hardware modification such as wiring that panels directly to the cart, which I'd be okay with.

2. Better yet, perhaps someone could find a way to not only interface the panels like described above, but also do so in a way where the panels are actually LCD screens (this has been done before) and the appropriate mini marquee would be displayed based on what is loaded into the virtual slot(s).

Really just curious if this is something that might be considered in a future update (even if only explored). Is the cart built in a way to potentially make such future features even a possibility?
This would be cool. But TBH, it is a nice to have for most of the folks. Also, the great thing about this community is that even if Darksoft can't deliver this, someone on the forum with the expertise might be wiling to fill in and do it.

This would be cool. But TBH, it is a nice to have for most of the folks. Also, the great thing about this community is that even if Darksoft can't deliver this, someone on the forum with the expertise might be wiling to fill in and do it.
For sure - it's far from a deal breaker or anything. I'm mainly asking to see if something like that would even be possible to begin with. I realize the menu/software may be open to community development, but if the software or hardware can't access that part of the MVS then it's a moot point (I won't pretend to know anything about any of that). I also mention it to keep it in the back of any of our magnificent modders' minds when this thing lands on their doorstep and they decide to start tinkering ;)

I think the games that do not work correctly are the ones that have unique stuff. Metal Slug X protection comes to mind. Also KoF 2003. Maybe SvC Chaos, SSVS. Darksoft, what about a contest where whoever guesses first the 4 non-working games wins a free cart? :D

I think the games that do not work correctly are the ones that have unique stuff. Metal Slug X protection comes to mind. Also KoF 2003. Maybe SvC Chaos, SSVS. Darksoft, what about a contest where whoever guesses first the 4 non-working games wins a free cart? :D
in your dreams free cart :P

But yeah you basically named them.

They will be working shortly though. No worries there.
I mean... I have 2 of the 4. And really, if you got it down to 3 non working, anyone with a 4 slot could just put them in the other 3 slots ;)

Great job though, truly, you guys are doing God's work.

Me thinks an updated FAQ updating the first post in this thread is needed. :thumbsup: 8o :thumbsup:
I second that! I've been away for awhile and would like to know if DS has an exact price and when will the preorders open up.(after the final test are done?)An updated FAQ won't hurt to keep us updated on the details of the cart. ;) :thumbsup:

Are you still open to requests?

Would be good if the people assembling the carts doesn't play with "white happy powders"'while assembling the carts. I would not like to have the package tagged by some dog at customs, to have my cart drilled by some officer and to be harassed by some fanboy hooligans after reporting it.

You know what I mean... :whistling:

Ps- just kidding :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back