What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I may not touch bottom, but I will stretch out the edges - with my cheese wheel!"

Hi, everyone,

I'm pretty new to the Neo Geo scene.

I am in the process of restoring a 2 slot gold cabinet. RIght now I have 6 carts that it came with and I bought one of the in-1 carts.

However, I am very interested in this SD cart, came acrossed it doing an internet search to see if such a thing existed.

Created a forum account to inquire.

When is the expected release date and cost? I'm good with anything sub $500, higher and the wife will probably kill me.

I posted in the pre order interest sub as well.

Thanks,

When is the expected release date and cost? I'm good with anything sub $500, higher and the wife will probably kill me.
The expected release date for the MVS cart isn't set in stone yet, but pre-orders will open soon. At this point, it's definitely worth waiting for Darksoft's cart over the competition. It will be roughly the same price ($400ish), but Darksoft's is much more powerful hardware, fully featured, and lightning fast to load. I recommend selling of some of your carts to offset the cost, which will help convince the wife that it's not too crazy. Just keep the X-in-1 cart to hold you over while you wait.

I didn't receive the fix before I left for Orlando but hopefully in 10 days when I return to Ohio I will have some good stuff to record.

I can say that there have been some new options added to the menu. You can now turn off all animations to greatly speed up game selection. So we are taking your feedback into consideration.

Will games like Puzzle Bobble and Crossed Swords 2 work on the AES version of the multi-cart?

Will games like Puzzle Bobble and Crossed Swords 2 work on the AES version of the multi-cart?
Puzzle Bobble has nothing special to it, so I would expect it to work fine with the cart. Crossed Swords 2 has the ROM freely available, but its creator has some differences with Darksoft, so I do not know if it's allowed for it to work on the multiDS or not. NGDev games will for sure NOT work, though.

Yes, Puzzle Bobble definitely will, since it's just a dipswitch setting to get it working (as far as I understand).

I thought that Darksoft mentioned somewhere that the FPGA is powerful enough to play NGCD games with converted soundtracks. So native NGCD's CS2 could theoretically be possible. The CS2 CD-to-MVS conversion was made publicly/freely available, so I don't see it being an issue running on the multi.

My father is working for you.... 79 years old... a legend
YZcJYC4IPIXBohaWYTMt-rIVwjN7waE02OV8Sw5OuDWm6y9dzEKugIz8npkO5I_gNkLZ99VWuT1qjvzSJa5M8R_nc8U4q2HORPZcUjq6QoH1Cz0CokNWLnYvHuOkKPoB_aSBiFpvq-plpgqIk8NS9k0ztepk5k6BF-FKau5WPR4czgJT4pl8SdXp5X0dxU0RxONiRNt2JaDXAeqA6h0Z41fcNw8nYDzLOct6AmVGDOGwhW181wtM4RAH-uRJ6CMXQSWe6CgQFxXbffCAXGHqZXSF6YWKw1HVcQZLxjyvg4OWk3q3C_FN-NshUbxDbkUl6cqFi3XUUeA4yaAQ7tZqtLAAZWJvBAZlSn5Xt1aHoKiX4fiTNtD9A2SBAPD1orZdQkGWFFGtaCP7sPfPlKPZVGavXtxNB-LfwRqdOkVjOxqKSQMNiNF_4WTagslO5IKns4C8Sui0WudlwwUQlTxTc2VULksycY-shjUDgf8eVgi_R_dvTUvaBBDOTrd59c-CKKHeLsVHQHfI9GEr5-MXhFwVUXmcw8ok6GLKi5ldzY8qgo0o9se3BrcnLyNo5-YWSqhtY62cW9EswLp_LfUmrNIDuzQSd6i7yvQ6mUb_ge1hXAFTZNqy=w1078-h606-no

MUTmtVY10R2GqsDGKx-cCucwGfmMiAXWqS38sDFb7ppSJxijMFAWZzqvaq4F_NoXBnlAlXKe3qJm8jyexdki8vGsJta1upWwzJsT20ZveQAF939bDONLmdfBJmQOi_SeGkHpRooRYxuljNuqA7ZqcEhfOEnqWU-N_H-q0ZG55SnIswr_zfavSP1Cl638AtQIJWbqvfygG4-xht-2dkY0R5vDW5QjpCvuzTUs_-NJuvBF6h2H6CMt8A88LJz4a1uGKkck5tuA3I13EOFhBEV_8CJCOawqkAUPiFUpcpPVT0_qM2JIPU-O2Ksca6WiewtamMu0zn1lhuwj8vyxwyYWMkZvS9ifjJ7N8elqZhsfYWi1RhtfwjCrPS0UrA_HnQ24Xyv3r5ePgnKZeBwuk3i0_8GCPjrMxwRmehAJB9-7vqzeA9vbFDtvXarTTwTwZAoZPVf_0mjCE80u2eYVe_smYUVUSdYriikvtnAgG6TNS2AqIU5vPew2_qrspldGRC3HzmSgJcxUNeSeXBL_MYtaKCqenWNHpsBu6EATGqdJfD_9yW2ERNoNUClPsX9YsGKqoqucaws1Dws1AvqIAcq2KQJ8o6Xv6hpBXH-agq06Xlix2O1Q=w1078-h606-no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back