What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, soon your basement will look like this:
6t56Y89-640x480.jpg

;) :P ^^ :D :thumbsup:

This may be a very dumb and already answered question, but can we hope that someday we will be able to play Samurai Spirits RPG with the cart ? Maybe the consoles are too different for that ?

This may be a very dumb and already answered question, but can we hope that someday we will be able to play Samurai Spirits RPG with the cart ? Maybe the consoles are too different for that ?
As far as I know, SSRPG is still CD exclusive and hasn't been cart-ported yet, so it won't work on the Darksoft Neo cart. You'll just have to make do with the other 150+ games. :D

I'm sure if / when an English translation is ever completed THEN the game will get a cart port by the same folks that have done cart conversions of the other formerly CD exclusive games (ie Zintrick, Crossed Swords 2, Ironclad, etc)

Thanks for the update, Mitsu!! This is exciting stuff, Darksoft! It will be worth the wait!!

As far as I know, SSRPG is still CD exclusive and hasn't been cart-ported yet, so it won't work on the Darksoft Neo cart. You'll just have to make do with the other 150+ games. :D
Simpler NGCD conversions (audio needs to be converted only) are theoretically a possibility down the road, since the FPGA is powerful enough. I can't find DS's quote (just spend like 20 minutes trying to find it without luck) but I believe it was discussed in this thread somewhere.

I'm sure if / when an English translation is ever completed THEN the game will get a cart port by the same folks that have done cart conversions of the other formerly CD exclusive games (ie Zintrick, Crossed Swords 2, Ironclad, etc)
I was talking without needing a cart port, it seems logical that it would work with conversion

I was talking without needing a cart port, it seems logical that it would work with conversion
A little bit of porting work would be needed to handle the differences in how the game data loads off the storage medium. Plus all the music is Redbook audio, so there wouldn't be any music either without porting work.

That said, it is technically possible to have the SD cart load up a CD disk image, and maybe stream the audio somehow. But I doubt it's worth all the engineering work for Darksoft to do that for a small handful of CD exclusive games (that have already mostly been cart ported).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back