What's new

defor

Professional
Reaction score
Hello all-

I figured I'd eventually get around to making my entrance here. Sorry that it's not too exciting, that's just how I roll.

Anyhow, about me-
I grew up in the 80's, but really never experienced the "classics" except from in front of a console or computer port.
In the late 90's I worked for the summer before college in an arcade with all the then-popular stuff, and found out that there was more to "arcades" than classics and fighters.
Later on, in the heyday of the Dreamcast era, I became a fan of the Gundam Vs. game from Bandai/Capcom, and somewhere around 2010, when a Namco System 246 with the Gundam Seed iteration of the game popped up, I snatched it up, and after making some really great acquaintances, I proceeded to start collecting everything 246/256 I could get my hands on.
I believe I may currently have the largest personal collection of 246/256 games, documentation, and artwork outside of Japan, but it's just speculation at current.

So that's my backstory with arcades. And now you know.

Projects I'm working on:
- System2X6.info (documentation site for all things 246/256/Super 256)
- Universal COH dongles (Python and 2X6)
- Translations for the Gundam Vs. games
- Music fix for Basara X
- Widescreen mode hack

Glad you could finally make it. Welcome!

Sweet, I've never played any of the arcade Gundam games. Whats emulation like?

Ohh and welcome.

There's currently no emulation of the 246/256, but the same games have been released in various forms with certain changes- usually for the better, on Dreamcast, PS2, PSP, and PS3

(Although some games in the series have gotten ONLY PSP releases, and as a result don't look as nice as the arcade versions)

Transformers the animated movie from the 80s is the best. I don't like the new transformers movie. I was always hoping that the new films would be like the one from the 80s with awesome soundtrack.

Back