What's new
Want To Buy
The SuperNOVA search is a hard one, I was looking for a replacement JP motherboard for ages on forums/eBay/YAJ with no success (other regions always available, but rarely JP). http://www.sophia-corp.jp/ has them though, ~$110 shipped to the US I think it was. Well worth looking into anyhow.

The Gals Panic carts hit YAJ often, S especially.

Don't worry about region. The region free bios is in MAME and works fine burned to an eprom. You could also just burn the JP bios if you prefer. It's socketed so it's a 2 second swap.

Don't worry about region. The region free bios is in MAME and works fine burned to an eprom. You could also just burn the JP bios if you prefer. It's socketed so it's a 2 second swap.
I had no idea. Don't I feel foolish :D

These were a dime a dozen on eBay not terribly long ago, but it looks like the well has dried up. :(

Have you done this yourself? last time I asked about a region free bios lots of people were telling me that there was region specific stuff in the hardware and you needed a specific region free bios based on your original hardware region.

I'd love to be able to just burn one.

Have you done this yourself? last time I asked about a region free bios lots of people were telling me that there was region specific stuff in the hardware and you needed a specific region free bios based on your original hardware region.
I know this information stems from Joerg (and I think at some point I stated it again to you in a thread). I was told by him that he needed to see a picture the PCB and *absolutely know* that it's the right region before writing the region free BIOS because installing the wrong one wouldn't work.

but it looks like the well has dried up
Yeah, somewhere around a year ago they just all disappeared. I remember not buying tons of Gals Panic auctions because "I don't need another motherboard" then as soon as my motherboard died last year they were all gone and haven't come back.

I'd love to be able to just burn one.
I did it on my own motherboard but perhaps I got lucky. I hate to say it but Joerg would probably know better than I. I replaced my japan original bios with the region free one from MAME and it seems to work OK.

there's a motherboard & blue cart on eBay.co.uk at the moment. If the region free bois works ok then that's half of what you need.

there are deffinately some around - I just picked up one with puzz loop for $60.

Back