What's new
I have a Jasen panel, had it auto clear coated and it looks pretty nice now, but the repros from Taiwan are the best, they blow everything else away in terms of quality and bling. I ordered extras last time I imported some just in case he ever stops making them.
I second the need for more info. That looks great.

GUYS!

RUSTOLEUM AIRPLANE REMOVER IS THE BEST STUFF ON EARTH!

PAINT LITERALLY FALLS OFF ON ITS OWN!

SAME SAFETY REQUIREMENTS AS CITRISTRIP!

ALSO I'M BIDDING ON THAT SWEET MAHJONG PANEL ON EBAY! AND I WILL SHAKE WHOEVER BIDS AGAINST ME VIOLENTLY. :P

airplane remover is powerful stuff, great for removing the heavy duty paint on candy cabs. I think the thing with citristrip though is that it can remove spraypaint from older wooden cabs without damaging the vinyl art under the paint.

TS, I see what you're saying and agree with you 100%, they look sharp.

Those look pretty nice! You could always find a company that has a printer that will print directly onto the metal. Jasen's Customs did that with their CP's and they're really very nice.

I have a foolish question though. Why four start buttons on Aeros? 1P and 2P start buttons on the panel surround AND panel.

Or are there two types of surrounds, one with start buttons and one without, and then the same with panels?
I was told that the start buttons on the surround were there for mahjong panels since those don't have start buttons on them. The official Sega control panel has the start buttons on it because it was also used on the Aero Table also, which doesn't have any other start buttons. There are also several panels designed by third party companies ment to fit the Aero City. I have the Super Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, and MVS panels. Those all use their own start buttons since they fit the table as well.

I figured it might have to do with Table vs City.

Any chance you could post pics of the Darkstalkers panel? I've definitely never seen one of those.

Yeah I can dig it out of storage and get a picture. The Neo Geo one is beautiful, but needs some major restoration. I've never seen another one like it.

Someone talk me out of going pink or blue. I didn't know these existed!

8dLqrjJ.jpg

Someone talk me out of going pink or blue. I didn't know these existed!

8dLqrjJ.jpg
I've seen the ones with the different colored side art, but never the full front bezel done like that. I kinda dig the teal one. Dubdubdub made a custom teal one a few years back with a matching panel and it came out beautiful.

I think the pink/blue cabs only work if you've got two of them in complimenting colors :P
If you look really close, there is a yellow one in the back. That's the one I'd pick.
Pretty sure that's the orange one! There's one around these parts.

And you might be right, TS but just think, I already have everything but the main body of a second Aero... And broken ones pop up regularly out here.

Color matching based off of one old picture of a photograph sounds rough though.

I saw dubdubdub's and it really is gorgeous.

So the darkstalkers panel never made the voyage from my buddies house when I bought my second Aero from him, and it's now tucked away in his storage. I'll get a pic of it someday, and in the mean time I'll try to find a picture of it online.

However, here is the Neo Geo Panel.

IMG_20171020_070345-800x600.jpg

Last edited:
Back