What's new
bloody roar 3 is pretty likely to be doable once we start poking at the specifics of the drive requirements. The only thing I can find that prevents 246 games from running on a 256 in 246+ mode is the ATAPI support that is completely missing from the 256.

time crisis 4, there used to be an Italian seller that advertised on AO I think, that had some "modified" TC4 that worked on normal 256.
I'm not 100% skeptical, but I don't think it's as easy as it was made out to be.
We do know that the add-on hardware of the super 256 (the audio board) is unnecessary for the game to work.
That said, the super 256 seems to operate a bit faster than the normal 256, and has more buffer ram. Now, if the buffer ram isn't required to be filled at launch, it might work, albeit with slowdown or somewhat slower gameplay by bypassing the check.
If it does need the ram, like Wangan Midnight, it's likely to be a long and arduous process to get it to work, at best. Right now we suspect that neither version of Wangan Midnight will be hacked any time soon to operate in the normal ram footprint, in part because the operations of the namco components on the board are a bit of a mystery.

Just wondering, do regular 256 games run on a Super 256? Does a Super 256 have 246+ mode?

Final PCB review ready (Due by November 24)

Begin accepting orders (On November 24, Black Friday)

Delivery of first batch (100 sets) to users (Expected by December 25)
I fully expect that I may be able to shorten this timeline quite a bit, but bank on orders opening by the end of November at the latest.
How's the progress?

I think everyone feels a bit poor until after Christmas with the Neo Geo Multi just going up for sale...

Very excited :)

@defor Really keen to purchase one of these. Just wanted to register my interest. Whats the best way to do this?

If there is a list, can be added to it?
Really looking forward to this too :)

Hi Defor,

I'm still waiting for my System246 that you were sending me. I've tried contacting you through PM several times, so now it's time to go public....
What is up? Did you send it at all?

Defor will come through. I've gotten a lot of stuff from him. Sorry to hear but I'm sure he's just gotten busy.

Defor is a good dude and he will come thru with your system. I don’t know the specifics of your transaction with him but he tends to get really busy like we all do with real life stuff and so many other projects we work on, you just got to remind him from time to time.

We also want him to finish up his work on the 2x6. I traded him for a 2x6 multi setup when he finishes his work on it I can’t even remember how long ago, but I’m not the least bit worried that he won’t deliver when the time comes.

Last edited:
Perhaps his pm box is full. We had been chatting before and seems a really cool dude. So I'm not angry at all, just curious.

Perhaps his pm box is full. We had been chatting before and seems a really cool dude. So I'm not angry at all, just curious.
If you have an open conversation with him, the additional replies to that conversation won't fill up the PM quota. As long as you don't send him a new PM, he is getting those messages. Yeah, defor is a good dude. Life kicks all of our asses at times. I am sure he'll get to you.

Defor will come through. Please be patient. I have dealt with him a good bit and he has came through everytime.

ack! many sincere apologies, somehow this got lost in a mess of holidays and stuff- I haven't had much time to work on the forums as I've been splitting my time up a lot- I just checked the message and I'll get this in the mail first thing Tuesday morning expedited to you. (Monday is a holiday).

As far as updates for this project go, things are a bit behind my planned schedule, no surprise there, but the dongle is still happening!

As far as updates for this project go, things are a bit behind my planned schedule, no surprise there, but the dongle is still happening!
Glad to hear you're okay!

Take your time on that one, we're all excited, but there's no rush!

Bro, cool that everything is ok and that you are still working on this.

Any chance you could use some help from some of the other talented/skilled members we have on the forum? It could alleviated a lot of the work, expedited your progress, and maybe improve upon your design?? It never hurts to get fresh eyes to look over things. I know a lot of people are anxious to buy your kit for the 2X6 systems. I even managed to snag like 4 NOS optical drives in case they are needed.

Seller is G-Front.

Hmm, I might have to pull the trigger on the 4 player GvsG setup I've wanted.
This was my experience last month:

You'll find nobody bids on them week after week, but as soon as you bid others will magically bid on these units. Start bidding on the nastiest looking ones, after you're outbid, move to the nicer ones.

Back