What's new
I am glad that you finally received your fan. If your system is not in a cabinet. You don’t need to worry at all. As you said if you are not running an arcade you also don’t need to worry with this fan. Did you know that Jammy Nation X is making a replacement fan? I have a papst and I very happy with it.

I had no idea that JNX had a replacement fan no.
The CPS2 board will be inside a cabinet at some point ;) But no... only being used in my home, or at the odd Retro event now and again! :D

I had no idea that JNX had a replacement fan no.
The CPS2 board will be inside a cabinet at some point ;) But no... only being used in my home, or at the odd Retro event now and again! :D
I've actually carried them for a while now.

I wish I had known earlier. It took me awhile until I upgraded the fan. I was hesitant because these Pabst do not have the suitable connector right away. But now we know.

I bought the Jamma Nation X fan for $3.99. Works fine, no complaints at all.

Cost just $10 USD shipped to Australia too.

I've tried other fans, and none of them compare to the 612FL. The thing is whisper quiet that you wonder if it's even on.

I've tried other fans, and none of them compare to the 612FL. The thing is whisper quiet that you wonder if it's even on.
Exactly, sometimes I even feel with my hand if it is still on because I can’t hear it ;)

The 612FL are great, I just bough some of these sunon fans and I almost thought they were not on when I tried them, super quiet.

The Jamma Nation X fan was as loud as my original one.

Ended up using a Gelid Silent 6 fan for a fraction of the price of a 612FL.

The Gelid S6s are good replacements also.

BTW - Hey Syntax, I've been reading thru all those posts over at shmups trying to see what people are coming up with and what is the best way to go about the mods. Thanks for all the info you have shared :thumbup:

I managed to pick up the following sony models from my local recycling center free of charge to attempt the mod :)
Hopefully these are good candidates, if not they are going back.
KV-27FS100
KV-27FS100L
KV-27EXR10
KV-27XBR45

Haven't tried any of those chassis before but being Sony and older sets it should be easy.

In order your chassis are
BA-5d
BA-6
ANU-2
AA-1A

Use those numbers if you have trouble finding jungle pinouts.

That KV-27EXR10 will probably be the nicest set out of the lot, the newer ones tend to look washed out IMO.

That KV-27EXR10 will probably be the nicest set out of the lot, the newer ones tend to look washed out IMO.
Thats the one that came with side mounted speakers, similar to some pvms I have seen. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

There a thread here that hasnt been updated in a while ic case you want to share some new info over here
adding rgb input to old tvs

One of the hurdles I have seen is adjusting the centering/width/height of the picture after you have mod the tvs.
Hopefully a good solution can be found that can be applied to most tv sets that help make it easier to correct most issues.

How is that even possible?
It's not. I have the JNX fan, and it's not at all "loud" or anywhere near as disturbing as the original CPS-2 fan.

It's not. I have the JNX fan, and it's not at all "loud" or anywhere near as disturbing as the original CPS-2 fan.
I've replaced 6 using the JNX fans and although I wouldn't call them silent they are definitely a large improvement on the originals. Also they are pretty cheap.

The 612FL are great, I just bough some of these sunon fans and I almost thought they were not on when I tried them, super quiet.
I've tried those sunon fans, but not that particular model.is what I tried in a couple of my a-boards.

ME60151V2-000U-A99 is what I used. It's still kind of loud, but no where near what the original fan was. The noise DB is definitely lower on the model you posted, I should try those out.

Back