What's new
I'll be grabbing one of these:

https://www.digikey.com.au/product-detail/en/sunon-fans/HA60151V4-1000U-A99/259-1792-ND/6198730

On recommendation from @xodaraP

Quiter than a Papst, greater airflow and a lot cheaper.
I'll be grabbing one of these:

https://www.digikey.com.au/product-detail/en/sunon-fans/HA60151V4-1000U-A99/259-1792-ND/6198730

On recommendation from @xodaraP

Quiter than a Papst, greater airflow and a lot cheaper.
I made a video I will upload at some stage, but this fan makes about the same noise as a laptop fan
That fan good for naomi too?
They use the same size fan.

I wasn't aware that digikey sold fans too, I will definitely add one to my next order.

Installed the Sunon fan tonight, it's fantastic!

Don't even notice it being on, quiet is an understatement, just a faint barely audible hum.

Can still feel air being blown out when you place your hand behind it, not with as much force as a stock fan, I'd hazard a 30% reduction, but for an external supergun setup which is how I'll be using mine I have no concerns.

Recommended, they're quite cheap too and easy to get hold of.

Don't even notice it being on, quiet is an understatement, just a faint barely audible hum.

Can still feel air being blown out when you place your hand behind it, not with as much force as a stock fan, I'd hazard a 30% reduction, but for an external supergun setup which is how I'll be using mine I have no concerns.

@xodaraP installed that same Sunon fan in my CPS-2 on the weekend, and I have to agree it's really great -- the fan in my ATX power supply is noisier now!

Would you say that in a cab it will be able to cope and keep the heat down? Especially with a multi in there?

Would you say that in a cab it will be able to cope and keep the heat down? Especially with a multi in there?
Would say a cab in a home environment doesn’t run 24/7 alongside other heat generating cabs in a crowded arcade hall for years, so should be ok ;)

I'm really not sure about within a cab environment. I don't know enough about the cps2 hardware to know how hot they run and how temperamental they are to heat.

Air flow is significantly reduced with the Sunon, it does pull more air than the Papst, but compared to a stock fan there is a noticeable difference. I probably wouldn't be 100% comfortable running within a cab for lengthy periods of time, it would most likely be fine but to be on the safe side I'd rather a fan with greater airflow.

The Sunon is great for supergun setups as it's silent yet still pulls enough air to create a vacuum and exhaust heat. There are probably other fans with greater air flow, more noise but still less than a stock fan, that may be better suited to within a cab.

Guys please can you tell me what can i do for my Cps2 A board to start the fan ? I play some games but now the fan doesn't start when i plug the board on 220v. The same is happened with my F3 A board ... i don't know the reason for that things :( Thank you !

Guys please can you tell me what can i do for my Cps2 A board to start the fan ? I play some games but now the fan doesn't start when i plug the board on 220v. The same is happened with my F3 A board ... i don't know the reason for that things :( Thank you !
Hmmmm.....so the fans do not work but the boards boot up/play??? Or the board dont work all together??

What power supply and/or cab are using? have you tested your 12 & 5 volt lines at the jamma edge??

Hmmmm.....so the fans do not work but the boards boot up/play??? Or the board dont work all together??
What power supply and/or cab are using? have you tested your 12 & 5 volt lines at the jamma edge??
ps : Checked and replaced the stock fan with a new one ! 12V was there but fan doesn't start (the reel was blocked ... but i've changed with a new fan and now the things is in the straight line) :thumbup: Thanks !

Last edited:
I've used this fan on my mod + this fan control (3 speeds adjustment - Low Medium High) + little bit double tape to fix the fan control adj on a place. I've tried the stock jp fan who comes with the A board but was to noisy. Thanks mr. @SmokeMonster for this !

The mod looks like :
CPS 2 A Board - FAN Mod.jpg
photo 1-2.JPG

Last edited:
That looks like a cool setup.

What setting do you use on the controller, with the new fan low, medium or high? If high, is the fan still relatively quiet?

How does using the stock fan with the controller set to the lowest speed sound?

Isn't your fan installed the wrong way around, won't it be pulling air in rather than exhausting it out?

That looks like a cool setup.

What setting do you use on the controller, with the new fan low, medium or high? If high, is the fan still relatively quiet?

How does using the stock fan with the controller set to the lowest speed sound?

Isn't your fan installed the wrong way around, won't it be pulling air in rather than exhausting it out?
It's strange but after i tried all 3 speeds, i've chose the High position on the controller for the quiest mode i can get with that controller, and if the fan was silencer then 2 fans already tried before this one and the High position give me a noise who i can live with (you'll hear the sound of the fan only if you give the tv on mute). When i put hand on the back side i don't fell the air comes to my hand when i put the hand on the front, where the label of the fan is ,i feel the air comes to my hand.Hope is mounted right :saint:

Last edited:
Yeah you want the fan to be exhausting out rather than intake. If it had a fan on either side (for example on a PC case) you'd have intake on one side and exhaust on the other's

In this case the vent slots on top of the case allow air in and your fan creates vacuum which draws air in and exhausts it

*quietly checks his CPS2 fan orientation*

Easy way to get it right, make sure the label of the fan is facing outwards.

That's what the vents are for at the front of the top case. Air is pulled in through those vents and exhausted out the rear. This creates a flow of air over the components and prevents heat from building up within the case. Cool air sucked in, passed over hot components, hot air sucked out.

Back