What's new
Easy way to get it right, make sure the label of the fan is facing outwards.

That's what the vents are for at the front of the top case. Air is pulled in through those vents and exhausted out the rear. This creates a flow of air over the components and prevents heat from building up within the case. Cool air sucked in, passed over hot components, hot air sucked out.
yeah ... but mine have the label on both sides :whistling:

my new fan:
img_2048.jpg

I've used this fan on my mod + this fan control (3 speed adjustment - Low Medium High) + little bit double tape to fix the fan control adj on a place. I've tried the stock jp fan who comes with the A board but was to noisy. Thanks mr. @SmokeMonster for this !
hi is this setup plug and play? Or do you have to mod the wires up?
Hi!
Buy this and just splice the wires to the existing cable. Supersilent fan. Works great!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Papst-612-...290153&hash=item235ac287cc:g:kbYAAOSw~vNatQ8Q

I've used this fan on my mod + this fan control (3 speed adjustment - Low Medium High) + little bit double tape to fix the fan control adj on a place. I've tried the stock jp fan who comes with the A board but was to noisy. Thanks mr. @SmokeMonster for this !
hi is this setup plug and play? Or do you have to mod the wires up?
The setup is for plug and play without any wire or other thing to modify ^^

@AlxUnderBase

When you installed that fan in the CPS2 case did you have to trim down the plastic to make it fit into the case?

I bought this one and I had to do that to get it to fit using a dremel.

The one you linked was out of stock, I believe this is the same one anyway.

The difference in sound is amazing, on high speed on the controller it's a whisper.

Forgot to take pics ....doh!

@AlxUnderBase

When you installed that fan in the CPS2 case did you have to trim down the plastic to make it fit into the case?

I bought this one and I had to do that to get it to fit using a dremel.

The one you linked was out of stock, I believe this is the same one anyway.

The difference in sound is amazing, on high speed on the controller it's a whisper.

Forgot to take pics ....doh!
the fan link it's working sir, also the only adjustment i've made was to positioned the rest of the cable between the case and the A circuit board,you'll see after you will grab one, if you'll grab eventually... i didn't trim nothing sir. i've try 3 fans (the original , other one from an arcade online shop and that Gelid one) and i chose Gelid solution + this 3 speeds adjustment controller.

Ps : if the fan you've grabbed is silent, you don't need any fan controller speed.

Cheers ^^

Huh funny, maybe was out of stock or something when I checked. But the one I bought was identical dimensions listed 60 x 60 x 15.5

I already installed mine and did the same, stashed the extra cable underneath the board.

I had to shave it down at the bottom and the top for clearance. It was also a tight squeeze in the beginning and wouldnt go past the bottom guides, then when I shaved that down the top of the case where the vent slats are hit the top of the fan case so had to shave that down too.

Admittedly they are different model numbers listed between the two but all specs listed are identical.

Oh well, it worked out in the end though.

Yep, as good as the Pabst is the price is a killer in Aussie land, much cheaper in Europe so I ca understand why it's so popular over there

I can hear the Sunon if it's outside the cab, but once you're playing a game and there's game sounds happening you can't hear it (as you pointed or even background noise from fluorescent lights is enough to mask it)

Great post though, this will be really helpful for people trying to get an idea of just how much quieter a CPS2 fan can be

The following air flow numbers are the ratings from the maunufactuer, I converted them to a common scale but have no way to verify them.

It’s only a relatively cheap dB meter my background noise was 42dB.

Original fan 55dB 22cfm
Papst 43dB 11.2cfm
Sunnon 43.5dB 12cfm
Gelid 48dB 16cfm

Yeah price is a killer for the Papst here, I wasn’t going to bother with it until I decided to test them and then I couldn’t leave it out.

Yeah, but the Sunon is 1/3 that price, just as quiet and actually has greater airflow - meaning it will protect your hardware more than the Papst. :)

The Gelid is inaudible in my cab even on high speed setting. Really the speed controller is unnecessary as from low to high there is only a very tiny difference.

As noted by buffaloj0e it is a thicker case and I did need to dremel it down quite a bit to let it slide in and close the top of the case.

Back