CPS2 Fan Replacement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Frank_fjs wrote:

I'll be grabbing one of these:

digikey.com.au/product-detail/…U-A99/259-1792-ND/6198730

On recommendation from @xodaraP

Quiter than a Papst, greater airflow and a lot cheaper.

plasia wrote:

Frank_fjs wrote:

I'll be grabbing one of these:

digikey.com.au/product-detail/…U-A99/259-1792-ND/6198730

On recommendation from @xodaraP

Quiter than a Papst, greater airflow and a lot cheaper.

xodaraP wrote:

I made a video I will upload at some stage, but this fan makes about the same noise as a laptop fan
      That fan good for naomi too?
      They use the same size fan.

I wasn't aware that digikey sold fans too, I will definitely add one to my next order.
      My IG, mostly Arcade stuff
      Cabs: Egret 2, Egret 3, New Astro, New Net, Neo 25, Vewlix DIA, Vewlix AMI
    • Installed the Sunon fan tonight, it's fantastic!

Don't even notice it being on, quiet is an understatement, just a faint barely audible hum.

Can still feel air being blown out when you place your hand behind it, not with as much force as a stock fan, I'd hazard a 30% reduction, but for an external supergun setup which is how I'll be using mine I have no concerns.

Recommended, they're quite cheap too and easy to get hold of.
    • Frank_fjs wrote:

Installed the Sunon fan tonight, it's fantastic!

Don't even notice it being on, quiet is an understatement, just a faint barely audible hum.

Can still feel air being blown out when you place your hand behind it, not with as much force as a stock fan, I'd hazard a 30% reduction, but for an external supergun setup which is how I'll be using mine I have no concerns.

@xodaraP installed that same Sunon fan in my CPS-2 on the weekend, and I have to agree it's really great -- the fan in my ATX power supply is noisier now!
    • Frank_fjs wrote:

Would you say that in a cab it will be able to cope and keep the heat down? Especially with a multi in there?
    • The Spaniard wrote:

Frank_fjs wrote:

Would you say that in a cab it will be able to cope and keep the heat down? Especially with a multi in there?
      Would say a cab in a home environment doesn’t run 24/7 alongside other heat generating cabs in a crowded arcade hall for years, so should be ok ;)
    • I'm really not sure about within a cab environment. I don't know enough about the cps2 hardware to know how hot they run and how temperamental they are to heat.

Air flow is significantly reduced with the Sunon, it does pull more air than the Papst, but compared to a stock fan there is a noticeable difference. I probably wouldn't be 100% comfortable running within a cab for lengthy periods of time, it would most likely be fine but to be on the safe side I'd rather a fan with greater airflow.

The Sunon is great for supergun setups as it's silent yet still pulls enough air to create a vacuum and exhaust heat. There are probably other fans with greater air flow, more noise but still less than a stock fan, that may be better suited to within a cab.
    • Guys please can you tell me what can i do for my Cps2 A board to start the fan ? I play some games but now the fan doesn't start when i plug the board on 220v. The same is happened with my F3 A board ... i don't know the reason for that things :( Thank you !
      Darksoft Multi's : CPS2 / Taito F3
      Scalers : OSSC v1.6 / XRGB Mini Freimeister / RetroTINK-2X
      Superguns : HAS v3.1

[nes-101] [pce] [genesis] [segacd] [neogeo] [snes] [saturn] [n64] [gamecube] [dreamcast_ss]
    • AlxUnderBase wrote:

Guys please can you tell me what can i do for my Cps2 A board to start the fan ? I play some games but now the fan doesn't start when i plug the board on 220v. The same is happened with my F3 A board ... i don't know the reason for that things :( Thank you !
      Hmmmm.....so the fans do not work but the boards boot up/play??? Or the board dont work all together??

What power supply and/or cab are using? have you tested your 12 & 5 volt lines at the jamma edge??

Wanted: Egret II,StarTrek/Metallica Pinball,Egret 29 CP Housing,Capcom Spinners
    • Derick2k wrote:

AlxUnderBase wrote:

Guys please can you tell me what can i do for my Cps2 A board to start the fan ? I play some games but now the fan doesn't start when i plug the board on 220v. The same is happened with my F3 A board ... i don't know the reason for that things :( Thank you !
      Hmmmm.....so the fans do not work but the boards boot up/play??? Or the board dont work all together??
      What power supply and/or cab are using? have you tested your 12 & 5 volt lines at the jamma edge??
      ps : Checked and replaced the stock fan with a new one ! 12V was there but fan doesn't start (the reel was blocked ... but i've changed with a new fan and now the things is in the straight line) :thumbup: Thanks !
      Darksoft Multi's : CPS2 / Taito F3
      Scalers : OSSC v1.6 / XRGB Mini Freimeister / RetroTINK-2X
      Superguns : HAS v3.1

[nes-101] [pce] [genesis] [segacd] [neogeo] [snes] [saturn] [n64] [gamecube] [dreamcast_ss]

The post was edited 6 times, last by AlxUnderBase ().