What's new

enforce1

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a system 246 that works with Tekken 4 and Mobile Suit gundam, but only 15khz. The dip bank on the board seems to do nothing (will work for test mode, but not for 31khz as indicated by the googles).

Anyone run into this in the past? ?(

What monitor are you using?

Most likely not the problem you're having, but I couldn't get Tekken 4 to sync on my MS-2931 in 31KHz. It works fine on the two other monitors I tried.

You should test the dip switches for continuity.

are you trying to do 31k over jamma edge using namco I/o? If so iirc the dips are different for that

What monitor are you using?

Most likely not the problem you're having, but I couldn't get Tekken 4 to sync on my MS-2931 in 31KHz. It works fine on the two other monitors I tried.

You should test the dip switches for continuity.
Using two LCDs (one is a WG tri sync and the other is a bog standard computer LCD that i know can do 640x480). The computer monitor says "input out of range 15khz".

Dip switches tested good for continuity.
Which dips have you flipped?
Does your cab have a monitor with csync or hvsync?

Check dip 2/3/4;
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Namco_system_256
using VGA/ HD15 to LCD. Dip settings were checked, thats why I'm perplexed. I have a sync cleaner (TI LMH1980) as part of my test bench, and the sync on 15khz drifts so bad that my WG LCD can't lock onto it, but thats not weird with 31khz native signals scaled down to 15khz.

Nope, HD15 out from the board. I hadn't considered using the namco jvs to do the conversion, figured it'd be better as direct out from the board.

Back