What's new

Morden

Student
Reaction score
I have the first Triforce model with a 512 NetDIMM, and it's running boot version 1.x. When I try playing Virtua Striker 4 v2006, it prompts me to update, but when I try to do just that from the game specific menu / system update, it fails at 6% [which takes a fraction of a second]. VS4 2006 comes with boot version 3.01.

Are there any update files for Triforce [not v3!] which I could netboot to update? I can't seem to find any. Some instructions along with the files would be great, as I wouldn't want to mess anything up if the update isn't just one file deal.

Also, is it safe to update at all. I read someone's post on another forum, who claimed that after the update, the only game which would boot was Virtua Striker 4 2006. I certainly wouldn't want that. In case something like this would happen, is there a way to downgrade back to the old firmware via netboot?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. - This is unrelated to the question above, but in the Triforce system menu, it's possible to access the option to change the region. I've seen this done on Chihiro as well. Triforce seems to keep count of how many times this option was accessed. Is there a limit to region changes? I wouldn't want to be stuck on another region after simply playing around with the option. Thus far, I've used this option four times. Change, back to original, change, back to original.

Back