Linking up 2 Ringedge units for multiplayer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Linking up 2 Ringedge units for multiplayer

So my understanding to link up 2 Ringedges is that you have the 2 game RE linked up to a dedicated RE Server.
      Each RE will have it's specific keychip of course, IE the 2 x game keychips and the Server keychip.

Since there's only one Lan socket on each RE are they all simply plugged into a router with each RE assigned an IP address?
      Does anyone know if specific IP address's are required?

Thanks.
    • Thanks for that info. :thumbup:

I want to link up ID7 or ID8, surely I don't need all that stuff to do that?
      Isn't there just a dedicated RE with a server chip that controls the networking of the 2 seats?
      Someone suggested it maybe be a case of just connecting a Lan cable to each seat but I don't think that's possible.

Thanks.
    • That's interesting to know you can supply the server SSD.
      I assume I'd need a keychip for the server?
      I think I read that any keychip is OK?

My main question is:
      I have 2 x ID8 RE.
      One RE is at 1.2 B and one RE is at 1.2 D, would the server update the 1.2 B to 1.2 D?
      Does the fastest laptimes save to the server or are the latimes specific to each RE?

Thanks.
    • That's great news man. :)

At some point I want to try linking them up, so when I'm ready I hope you can help me with the server SW etc.
      It wont be for a little while as I have a few cab projects I need to complete first. I have a bit of money tied up in those projects so before spending money on ID8 I need to sell those other projects when they are completed.

Thanks again for answering all my questions. :thumbup:
    • knohbody wrote:

Can someone fill me in on the linking info? We've got a setup at another location that they're trying to link, but getting a server sync error. I haven't been able to find much except this redacted thread. Thanks!
      Can you provide more information on your hardware setup?

Some iterations of ID can be linked directly, others require a dedicated server install.
    • It's a shame Soyandroid/megahcker54 felt the need to delete his posts in this thread as I'm in the same situation. I'm doing everything from scratch but the server settings should be the same.

I now have 2 x Ringedge ID8 seat units, a Ringedge ID8 Server and a Yamaha RT107e VPN router. I haven't had the time to link them all together yet, but, if someone knows how they are connected and what settings are required that would be a great help getting me up and running.

Whats wierd is that the server seems to require a I/O to boot, but once it's connected I get the following screen. The noise of 3 Ringedges will be pretty loud!

• knohbody wrote:

2 ID 8 ringedge systems with local ringedge server. We're getting IP addresses on the 2 systems, but it's giving server sync errors. I haven't dealt with these before and can't find anything on it.

Is there anything basic i should look for?
      These things below are the bare minimum settings or values needed to link 2 or more Seats with the ID8 Server:

First make sure each Seat (Up to 4) are connected to the Switch inside the Server. Make sure the Server is connected to the Switch. (I can provide pics of the Server and Router/Switch if needed to get a better idea)

On Both Seats: Test Menu -> Game Assignments

On Seat 1: Choose Seat Number A1 (LEFT)
      On Seat 2: Choose Seat Number A2 (RIGHT)

imgur.com/lwd25LW

(If you choose SINGLE, linking will not be enabled)

Next, Test Menu -> Main Network. You should see your MAC Address and IP Configuration for each Seat given by the Server (DHCP Server)

imgur.com/9mbaBmH

Next, Test Menu -> Network Test:

imgur.com/KY4b0i9

DHCP, LOOPBACK, LINKUP, GATEWAY should all report GOOD
      ROUTER should be BAD (since this is not connected to SEGANET
      HOPS, SERVER should be N/A unless you have the ROUTER set up to respond to your ID8 server.

On Seat 1: Go to the Test menu and run a network test.
      You should see "Main Network" and "Network Test".
      On Seat 2: Do the same thing as Seat 1.

There is another Network Test menu but this is only useful for Online linked Seats.

In-Shop Server Link is the only thing you need to show GOOD.

Other items can be BAD or N/A

imgur.com/ZyBluQT

Hope this helps.
    • Ringo wrote:

It's a shame Soyandroid/megahcker54 felt the need to delete his posts in this thread as I'm in the same situation. I'm doing everything from scratch but the server settings should be the same.

I now have 2 x Ringedge ID8 seat units, a Ringedge ID8 Server and a Yamaha RT107e VPN router. I haven't had the time to link them all together yet, but, if someone knows how they are connected and what settings are required that would be a great help getting me up and running.

Whats wierd is that the server seems to require a I/O to boot, but once it's connected I get the following screen. The noise of 3 Ringedges will be pretty loud!

The screen you have on your setup is the Server.

LINE Type, DNS (WAN), ALL.Net Authentication results will be N/A or Offline since you are not connecting to anything.

IP Address and DNS (LAN) should match since the server is also the DNS Server in a local offline setup.

The Warning message in our screenshot tells me that you need to connect your ID8 server to the Switch inside your Server.