Linking up 2 Ringedge units for multiplayer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thanks for all the info man,it's really appreciated. :thumbup:

Since I'm doing everything from scratch that info is really helpful.
      I'm not able to have a play with everything until after the holidays though.

But just to clarify, I take it with DHCP turned on and the 3 Ringedges connected to the router then the ID8 server will auto populate the network settings on both seats A1 + A2?

Also, does it matter where everything is plugged into?
      Should I plug the server into the WAN socket or one of the LAN sockets?

I've just reread your posts and it appears the WAN socket is for the ALL.net connection and not the in-shop link up?

Sorry for the dumb ass questions.
      Images
      • Router_1.jpg

65.74 kB, 1,200×675, viewed 55 times
      • Router_2.jpg

57.29 kB, 1,200×675, viewed 53 times
    • freddiefiasco wrote:

knohbody wrote:

2 ID 8 ringedge systems with local ringedge server. We're getting IP addresses on the 2 systems, but it's giving server sync errors. I haven't dealt with these before and can't find anything on it.

Is there anything basic i should look for?
      These things below are the bare minimum settings or values needed to link 2 or more Seats with the ID8 Server:
      First make sure each Seat (Up to 4) are connected to the Switch inside the Server. Make sure the Server is connected to the Switch. (I can provide pics of the Server and Router/Switch if needed to get a better idea)

On Both Seats: Test Menu -> Game Assignments

On Seat 1: Choose Seat Number A1 (LEFT)
      On Seat 2: Choose Seat Number A2 (RIGHT)

imgur.com/lwd25LW

(If you choose SINGLE, linking will not be enabled)

Next, Test Menu -> Main Network. You should see your MAC Address and IP Configuration for each Seat given by the Server (DHCP Server)

imgur.com/9mbaBmH

Next, Test Menu -> Network Test:

imgur.com/KY4b0i9

DHCP, LOOPBACK, LINKUP, GATEWAY should all report GOOD
      ROUTER should be BAD (since this is not connected to SEGANET
      HOPS, SERVER should be N/A unless you have the ROUTER set up to respond to your ID8 server.

On Seat 1: Go to the Test menu and run a network test.
      You should see "Main Network" and "Network Test".
      On Seat 2: Do the same thing as Seat 1.

There is another Network Test menu but this is only useful for Online linked Seats.

In-Shop Server Link is the only thing you need to show GOOD.

Other items can be BAD or N/A

imgur.com/ZyBluQT

Hope this helps.
      Thank you for this! I'll funnel it out to our team after the holidays and see if we can get it running.
    • Ringo wrote:

But just to clarify, I take it with DHCP turned on and the 3 Ringedges connected to the router then the ID8 server will auto populate the network settings on both seats A1 + A2?
      Yep.

Ringo wrote:

Also, does it matter where everything is plugged into?
      Should I plug the server into the WAN socket or one of the LAN sockets?
      Nope, just like standard switches, any LAN port will work. The server should be on one of the LAN sockets as well. it acts as the DHCP server so it will look for an IP from itself.

Ringo wrote:

I've just reread your posts and it appears the WAN socket is for the ALL.net connection and not the in-shop link up?
      Correct. The WAN socket is used for communication to the outside, so basically, to ALL.net, the internet, SEGA, etc. Hell, even your own ALL.net if you figure out how to communicate with another setup.

There are no dumb questions. Feel free to ask. If i don't know the answer, i won't say a thing.
    • Thanks for all the info so far.

I've just spent a couple of hours messing about with this setup and I can't seem to get them to link up.

I bought 2 Yamaha 170e routers from Yahoo Auctions Japan, 1 of them is faulty and the other seems to be OK.

With DHCP enabled it assigns an IP range of:

Server:

Seat 1:

Seat 2:

When I test the server and 2 seats, on all 3 I get the following:

But when I go into game mode and do a network test on the server I get:

On a seat I get:

When I load the 3 RE PC's both seats try to initialise seatA1 + seatA2 and then the game loads with all the symbols in the top RH corner greyed out. On the server screen all I get is:

I've also tried manually setting the IP addresses to the same as the range in your pics, but the server I just chose a different 2 digit octet.

I'm not sure what else to try here apart from trying to work out how to manually change the DHCP settings on the router so it assigns the correct ip range to the server and seats, failing that I could buy a router that's known to work 100% with this setup. I thought the Yamaha router would be good to go but alas it was not to be.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
    • I managed to change the DHCP IP range to 192.168.37.xx on my ISP's router and it works!! 8o

I'll have to source a router but I'm so happy that I've finally got 2 ID8 units linked up, this has been an expensive endeavour but it'll be worth it once everythings up and running.

Thanks again guys.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ringo ().

• Ringo wrote:

I managed to change the DHCP IP range to 192.168.37.xx on my ISP's router and it works!! 8o

I'll have to source a router but I'm so happy that I've finally got 2 ID8 units linked up, this has been an expensive endeavour but it'll be worth it once everythings up and running.

Thanks again guys.
      Sorry for the late reply. I see you have it working.

If you hadn't, and others have this same issue, the main thing is that the DHCP IP range must match 192.168.37.xx.

I originally tried to get fancy and change this to match my own network and was not successful.

Glad it works for you.
    • The model number is: LG-32LB550U

The TV was given to me by a friend with a home made bracket for free, he originally used it for his own Sega driver but he decided to go the CRT route for playing OR2 SP. I think he said he repaired it by replacing some leds in it and since I've owned it another couple have started to go.
      Images
      • LG_32LB550U_monitor.jpg

632.01 kB, 1,594×897, viewed 35 times
    • You can mount the speakers on top of the screen, horizontal or some people use different speaker and mount them directly to the top bezel ( or what is left of it).
      I only have pictures of my scud race, I used aluminum metal to mount the monitor. Worked very well and then mounted the speaker horizontal on top of the screen. If your speakers are to big I would use normal car speaker or anything else. I drilled some holes in the top metal to get better sound..
      Images
      • IMG_20190127_120403.jpg

275.05 kB, 1,200×1,210, viewed 41 times
      • IMG_20190127_120445.jpg

130.74 kB, 1,049×661, viewed 40 times
      • IMG_20190127_120809.jpg

208.47 kB, 1,040×721, viewed 40 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by Soundmazta ().