What's new

beast1x5

Professional
Reaction score
my ossc 1.6 just arrived and I finally have PCBs which weren't working before working perfectly now except for the taito f3.. the f3 and multi work just fine on my bvm though.. anyone have any tips to get this working for streaming purposes?

I can't offer much help other than that the F3 seems to use a weird sync, but I would love to learn more about your streaming setup. I've got a project I'm currently tasked with to figure out a good way to stream arcade games.

Using a windy gaming supergun directly to an OSSC via scart

I haven't been able to get an OSCC to sync with the F3 hardly at all, and I've tried a lot of different things. I've even got a thread with marqs (the creator of the OSSC) going over at the videogameperfection forums over it. It's the one board out of about 30 that I've tried with the OSSC that won't work.

That said, here's a few things you can try:

1) Max out "V-Sync Threshold" in the OSSC Sync settings.

2) Increase the "H-PLL Pre-Coast" and "H-PLL Post-Coast" settings in the OSSC Sync settings.

3) If you're using a SuperGun with an adjustable sync or an option to have the SuperGun rebuild the sync signal (I'm using the HAS version 3 SuperGun which offers both) then try messing with that.

4) Switch the OSSC over to a different input, and then back over to the F3 input.

5) Set the OSSC to start up on the F3's input by default. Then flip the OSSC power off and back on. Sometimes the power cycle will get it to sync up.

All of that said, at the end of the day, I end up using my Framemeister to get the F3 to sync reliably. It sucks because the F3 is the only reason I keep the Framemesiter around.

Back