What's new

nio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the Deco jamma or how do you vonnect it to supergun? thanks

Can I buy some jamma adapter or concertor?

I tried to make a JAMMA adapter for my pcb but I couldn't seem to get the RGB to work right. It never displayed the colors correctly even though I soldered them directly to the RGB, Video Ground and Sync on the JAMMA fingerboard. I was trying to use a SuperGUN.

I'm sure it is very possible, I just didn't get it to work.

If you send money to Mark you have maybe a 60% chance of actually receiving an item. And if you do, and it doesn't work, he'll just tell you repeatedly that you must be using it wrong and refuse to either tell you how to use it correctly, or admit that maybe its broken and fix the problem.

Doesn't matter anyway as they're not the same pinout.

Karate Champ (and others that this would work with):
https://www.arcade-museum.com/pinouts-game/8279.html

Deco Cassette:

decocassette.PNG

If you send money to Mark you have maybe a 60% chance of actually receiving an item. And if you do, and it doesn't work, he'll just tell you repeatedly that you must be using it wrong and refuse to either tell you how to use it correctly, or admit that maybe its broken and fix the problem.
Wow good to know. This guy is local to me, I've stumbled onto that site a few times but never purchased. Guess I will avoid it!

The DECO doesn't have edge connectors. It uses connectors similar to the ones Sega used for the JVS IOs for controls and separate molex connectors for Sound and video. Also, the sound and video molex connectors are different sizes between the revisions of the pcb. Additionally, the power connector is completely different between the two revisions. Good news is the controls are standard.

I have a DECO cocktail table, that's what I use mine in. My table came with the phat pcb set but the slim works with adapters for power, sound, and video.

It is pretty straightforward to JAMMA-tize DECO stacks. As Mitsu likely encountered though, the video pinouts shown in documentation are backwards.

For the SLIM stack, I mostly used spare Molex connectors I had on-hand, and a 50p IDE-style cable for control connections.

For the PHAT stack it gets a little more complex. Couldn't find a connector even close to the one used for power, and no QD would fit on those posts, being so close together. So I simply tacked on a connector I had both male and female on-hand (later-style Nintendo video jumper cable) onto the bottom pins of the stock connector housing. Then simply follow the same config as the SLIM for the rest of the connections.

Of course, the PHAT stacks don't have on-board audio amplification, so I used a JAMMA fingerboard designed with the option for one.

As Mitsu likely encountered though, the video pinouts shown in documentation are backwards.
That would explain it. Is the slim video connector backwards from the phat pinout also?

that fat-stack power connector looks really similar to some of the connectors I've seen on old 70-80s era Datsuns and Toyotas. A lot of older cars used connectors that were not much more than housings around a bunch of quick-disconnects.

if you didn't want to solder you could probably get a bunch of shielded quick disconnects and simply push them on to the correct pins. Or maybe even design a simple 3D printed housing that holds the quick disconnects in the correct spots to mate with it.

As Mitsu likely encountered though, the video pinouts shown in documentation are backwards.
That would explain it. Is the slim video connector backwards from the phat pinout also?
I don't recall, but I am inclined to say 'yes.' I remember when I first hooked up my SLIM using the documented pinouts, the video was all scrambled. Reversed the plug on the video connector and it became apparent the documented info was incorrect. Then when it came time to do the PHAT conversion to JAMMA, I seem to recall doing the connector the same as the SLIM and then finding it was incorrect (reverse RGB, but same Sync and GND positions IIRC).

So for the slim stack, it would be some .100/.156's, and a 50-pin 2.54mm ribbon cable (scsi?)?

I'll just be making a custom harness so no need for the JAMMA stuff.

Can dou please sho more pictures of the slim variant? thats also the one ending ith 8 and only on bios chip? thanks

I dont think so. That looks for "dedicated" (meaning 1-game PCBs).

Yeah it says in the description it is not for the cassette versions of the game.

Back