What's new
If anyone hasn't had the pleasure of getting one of your panels they're in for a treat!

I think I have 7 if I'm counting right. :P

I own a 1P 1L/7B panel...its what came in my cab. I could really use some 2p panels though. Preferably 2L/12B panels instead of the 2L/8B ones.

Honestly, I would settle for some blanks....but I am always looking for blanks, or no art panels for Taito/Sega/Super Neo/Neo Candy 29.

question for owners of super neo 29 : how does the cab compare to a Blast city or a NAC? Screen? speakers/sound?!

thank you for your opinions! ( it's 1500$ canadian .. and it's "local" aka on the east coast... worth it?! )

Yes, I'm considering a "proper cab" for the Multi ! :whistling:

1500$ canadian
That seems very high to me... Yes things have changed over the years, but I wouldn't expect to pay more than 1000$ (in 2007 I could have gotten one for 750$).

Far as the cab itself is concerned, unless you drill up a panel it's officially 4 buttons ONLY.
This is my main issue, I want a versatile (plays ALL my fave boards properly) cab, not just a Neo cab.

The Super Neo 29 that I got is a Jamma 100% and the panel, two payers, 7 buttons.. the CRT can do 15khz and 24khz..compared to my blastcity Nanao stock tricyc monitor is like night and day.. the Super NEO 29 is perfect for 15khz but it will depends on the CRT condition and if there are not burn in.. in my opinion the Super Neo 29 crt picture is much better than those on the Egreet II.. I had a chance to compare them.. My Super Neo 29 was priced at 1k but after paying to add an amp, removing the yellow part and shipping, it got a bit expensive..if the cab is local to you and everything looks great, go for it:)..The thing that I like the most in my Super Neo 29 is the crisp nice CRT.. on my Neo there is a small scratch on the middle lower side of the screen which does not affect gameplay but if it was not for that, it would have been perfect..make sure that you fully inspect the CRT..the speakers are not as good as the Bastcity.. also compared to the blastcity, the Neo 29 monitor seats a bit back than that of the blastcity.. I really love where the blastcity monitor angle seats, perfect for fighting games.
image1.JPG

Thanks for confirming he's a bit high ... it was 1900 2 months ago and he now lowered his prices for the Christmas season!

hmm .. so yours appears to be the "Super neo 29 candy type 2" ?
https://hard--candy.com/candy/Super_Neo_29_Type_II

I'm looking at the "super neo 29"
https://hard--candy.com/candy/Super_Neo_29

not to be confused for the "super neo 29 candy"

https://hard--candy.com/candy/Super_Neo_29_Candy

:S

pics of "the possible next cab"

and darn it ! you have ALMOST the same thing I would have ! ( I have a NAC not an AC )

Attachments

• neo1.jpg
    neo1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 378
  • neo3.jpg
    neo3.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 293
  • neo2.jpg
    neo2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 403
Cool.. well hopes that helps.. I also used to have two Egreets II a few moons ago.. selling them was a big mistake or at least I wished that the Egreets would have stayed with the members that I originally opened the private sale.. they were in great shape..

sorry for the hijack again but looking at the front door, it appears to be significantly larger then the other cabs? does it help access and changing boards ? is there that much "free" space in there?

pictures please :) (and I've passed for now on the cab... waiting for boxing day sale! :D )

Yes...there is that much space. I built a 5shelf rack in my Super neo cab, the shelves are wide enough to fit CPS2, F3, STV, etc. Roughly 4" space between shelves, maybe a bit more, and also room to lay one one top of the shelves as well.
Shelving was built out of 2x4 at the corners, and MDF slide out trays, with plywood on top and bottom. Top and bottom are 3/4", and trays are 1/2".

pics once im not exhausted.

Alberto, definitely interested in pics and a 2p panel....looking forward to what you come up with.

Hi guys

I took the vinyl samples back tonight.I know the select button seems no use? But there are too many "space " on 1P overlay and I want put something on. Need some suggestion on 1P panel overlay and button layout.

38905544484_837ab6523f_b.jpg

39584452662_b444f9c76a_b.jpg

please remove the select button... Or if I am in the minority please remove the select button on my order.. thanks

edit - My Super Neo 29 II is a fully Jamma cab so I do not need the select.. I think that the first version of the Super Neo 29 might be MVS and not fully JAMMA and that is why there is is a select button on the panel. I could be wrong here.. so maybe two versions is what you need.. one with select and another without..

Last edited:
I agree with SNK-Neo....I only need 2 panels with no art, but i'd rather not have the select button on either.
My cabinet is TATE, and never going to change from that, so a select button does me absolutely no good. :(

Last edited:
The select button is usefull only if you have a 2 or more slots mvs motherboard right ?

Possible to have a 7 button layout ? (4 top, 3 bottom)

very interested on a 1 player/7 button/select button version !!

Nice job !!

The select button is usefull only if you have a 2 or more slots mvs motherboard right ?
yes, or if you have something like an Atomiswave where it is connected to button #5 on the Jamma edge ;)

yes, or if you have something like an Atomiswave where it is connected to button #5 on the Jamma edge ;)
Ok, my atomiswave games are with the Naomi ones, netbooted thanks to a random guy in this forum :D
I will use my Neo 29 for mvs and pgm only :thumbup:

Back