What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
So I discovered that the Print Club Machines had a metal cage around the STV boards.

s-l1600.jpg

looks quite a bit larger than the already large STV board but I found one cheap including the STV board and all the various sub-boards so I picked it up.

Can't wait to see what she looks like inside!

I've already got this in but haven't had time to open it up yet, I'll be sure to snap pics once I do. At first I was confused about the deeper-than-necessary section for the cart, but I believe it's so that the lid can be slid off with the cart in place. It's constructed similar to the Model 2/3 cages where the lid screws in on the back side and needs to be slid back a little before it can be lifted off. It looks like you can also just open up the cart section to replace just the cart without removing the whole lid; but this also requires removing some screws.

There's a camera and a printer from a print club machine on eBay right now too:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/sega-print-...981494?hash=item3af0dae8f6:g:vogAAOSw7cVZjVpP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/sega-print-...981585?hash=item3af0dae951:g:gcAAAOSwSEVZjVuH

I'd be tempted to pick those up too, just to play around with, but I think that you'd really need the monitor/mirror setup properly in the cab to get it to work properly.

Last edited:
I'd be tempted to pick those up too, just to play around with, but I think that you'd really need the monitor/mirror setup properly in the cab to get it to work properly.
You could probably work around things and find a setup for the camera that works.

But I know most of the other arcade-based printers are rough to find proper paper/ink for. There was a Neo print station I kept considering buying out here for almost a year, but the consensus seemed to be once it was out of paper that was the end of it. Pokemon Snap kiosks are much the same in that way. Might be worth a bit of research on those before considering it just in case.

I've wanted a photobooth or something similar for years but the paper/ink situation is what has kept me from buying one.

back when I worked at the arcade the photobooths were really great earners but we had to decommission a few of them due to no longer being able to get material for them. I recall one machine was nearly out and our usual distributor no longer carried the stuff. my boss basically called around until he found someone who still had the right paper and then bought out the remainder of their stock... which was like another 15 years worth.

We even had an old-school booth with a mini dark-room built into it to develop legit photos on the spot... the thing was all electro-mechanical; no computing power to speak of, it was friggin cool but I hated having to change out the developer fluids on that thing.

Bunch of wire guides down the left side..
stv_print_club_cage_00.jpg

width:
stv_print_club_cage_01.jpg

depth (I measured from the furthest back part, the hooks on the back, but you'll need to add a little to get the total depth to clear the mounting bracket on the front as you can see):
stv_print_club_cage_02.jpg

height:
stv_print_club_cage_03.jpg

the front/filterboard:
stv_print_club_cage_04.jpg

the back:
stv_print_club_cage_05.jpg

The PCB on the top:
stv_print_club_cage_06.jpg

remove 4 screws to slide off the back of the top cage for cartridge access:
stv_print_club_cage_07.jpg

stv_print_club_cage_08.jpg

remove 5 screws to slide back the whole top.
I discovered that those hooks on the left and right sides are stops to keep you from sliding the top too far back and damaging the cartridge... seems excessive IMO.
stv_print_club_cage_09.jpg

with the top off!
stv_print_club_cage_10.jpg

the back side of the top PCB and it's harness
stv_print_club_cage_11.jpg

the video connectors
stv_print_club_cage_12.jpg

the back side of the filter board
stv_print_club_cage_13.jpg

the main board I/O ports and their harness
stv_print_club_cage_14.jpg

If anyone want any specific pictures of anything, let me know.

while you have it,
see if regular games work o.k. with the mpeg board still fitted.

will do. though I think a few members here are running STV PCBs with the video board already.

So I disconnected the internal jamma sub-harness and plugged in the one from my cab and put my multi cart in there. left everything else hooked up as-is

it initially complained about "system assignments" because it was set to "1P" cabinet mode, but after changing that to "2P" it played Die Hard and the Manchu game just fine... I didn't bother testing further than that.

I had a Print Club cab a couple years back. Ended up dismantling it and donating the metal parts to the local scrap guy. Still have the printer paper, carts (there were several different ones) and other parts. I believe I still have the camera and mirror set up, but would have to check. I also have the metal casing/board set up, but it's heavy and would probably cost quite a bit to ship.

Back