What's new
I tried the new 2732 BIOS on my SLIM stack and it also fails to boot. Yellow and white garbage screen, button inputs produce no change (same as PHAT).

Switching back to the old DW mod BIOS and kit EPROM still works fine on both my stacks, so no hardware issues.

Are you sure that the BIOS Eprom works well? Did you verify ? Maybe the speed is too slow. I can guarantee you that it works here.

Also it might be that the BIOS is OK but the multi PCB is not. Which Eprom are you using? Got a picture please?

Just went and checked my EPROM burner and I think I had one DIP set wrong when burning copies of the new BIOS :cursing:
Burned (3) copies and they all triple verified, but if the DIP is off on the burner, that will definitely fuck shit up.

Will reburn new BIOS and report back. Still need a 2716 solution for the PHAT set though I assume.

Let us know how it goes.

As for the PHAT version, split the Eprom in 2 and copy each part in a 2716. Then plug them in. Only 2 combinations.

Burned some new 2732 BIOS chips and confirmed working on both my SLIM and PHAT stacks 8o

Brentradio's PHAT stack however, runs with glitches and reboots with the new code on my dongle, similar to what Hamster experienced. My dongle when loaded with the old code runs fine on his PHAT, though. Now on to his dongle...

Brentradio received one of your early kits (pic attached) and it does not boot on PHAT (which he owns). I've tried it with the new and old code, and it simply doesn't boot at all on PHAT. Loaded with the old (DW) code it works fine on my SLIM, haven't tried your new code on SLIM, but that's irrelevant since he owns and needs to load it on a PHAT. Did you change something on the Xilinx CPLD between the surface-mount 'final' hardware and this 'beta' unit? And if so, can you or Mitsu update this one?

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Reactions: nio
Burned some new 2732 BIOS chips and confirmed working on both my SLIM and PHAT stacks
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Did you change something on the Xilinx CPLD between the surface-mount 'final' hardware and this 'beta' unit? And if so, can you or Mitsu update this one?
Yes, you need to add 2 capacitors to make it work on PHAT version. Let me check.....

These are the 2 capacitors that you need to add. As you can see they are 152 and 33 respectively.

This is needed to make it run on PHAT.

Condensadores_DECO.jpeg

Reactions: nio
Well now we're getting somewhere. Those numbers/values equal '33pF' and '1.5nF', correct?

However, the layout and traces on the beta version are different than your picture above (production unit), so where would I place them on this beta unit? Maybe you have a beta version you modified that you could photo?

sorry no picture of old version.

Just add them to the same pins that you can see there for the connector. Pins are the same in all revisions.

I can't test on phat anymore either. All of my phat sets have failed now.

Does work awesome on my slim though.

Ok, so I bought some caps and soldered them on. But I would like confirmation that they are installed correctly before I apply power. I don't want to roast Brent's Proto kit.

I assume one end of each cap goes to ground, so I located a couple ground pads, and then connected the other ends to the fourth and fifth pins in from the left on the bottom of the connector. I had to insulate one leg due to the inconvenient position of the ground pad.

My main concern is that the connector appears to be reversed on this copy of the prototype. So should I be reversing the positions of these caps???

Attachments

• 20200911_001216(1).jpg
    20200911_001216(1).jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 20200911_001306(1).jpg
    20200911_001306(1).jpg
    936.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 20200911_001501(1).jpg
    20200911_001501(1).jpg
    806.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 20200911_001824(1).jpg
    20200911_001824(1).jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Hi folks,
I really love buying one if it is possible... please let me know how to procede.
This is my current setup ❤️

Can you add me to the list too? I'd like to get one of these when they become available.

Back