What's new
So it looks like you could put the multi inside an existing Red game case. Is that what people are going to do? Similar to the CPS2? Are you guys just needing a sheet of acrylic for the bottom area to back mount the display and buttons?

Or are people wanting clear acrylic over the Multi pcb and also over the rest of the motherboard pcb?
I'd love clear (or black actually, looks great on your MV-1FZ solution) acrylic on both the multi and the motherboard pcbs.

And on a related note I'd love that for my CPS-2 multi instead of the having the plastic case on the A and B boards.

I do like the big red carts, but I'd also be perfectly happy with a nice acrylic bottom and top plate
I was planning on using a red cart shell, but I'm very interested in what a total acrylic top and bottom would look like on a bare board.I'm picturing laser etched "Darksoft F3" logos and a notched out LCD insert with buttons.
Basically that!

I'm happy to see people get a chance to mess with Dankuga more. It's an unfinished update to Kaiser Knuckle with alot more changes than your basic sf update.

Basic Change list
There is a juggle system now
Sub bosses are now playable
A lot L+M and M+H normals got turned into command normals
Stage Hazards removed(in kaiser knuckle it was just places where specials got enhanced for certain characters)
Added a basic training mode
Redone and added special moves on characters

As I'm still a newbie in arcade stuff...

I suposse the multi will play all the official games and variants (like on CPS2 Multi, for example)
Are any "special" games, like prototypes, hacks or similar games for the F3?
Thanks in advance

bought mine in the morning and also the f3 with a cartridge to test the system before using the multi, I've read that the motherboards have different cartridge socket due to the region, do the multicard will fit both standards or we need to modify the motherboard?

As mentioned in the video you need to modify the mobo to accept the multi. There are instructions [here]

PCB dimensions would be great if possible (including position of the MicroSD cart slot if that's do-able). I would like to get something designed/mocked up before it arrives :)

I'm not at home right now, but the PCB has the same size as OEM and fits without modification in the OEM case. The SD card slot and the LCD cable are perfectly aligned with the OEM case slot/hole at the bottom side of the OEM case.

Honestly speaking I'd totally pay for a solid 3d printed shell for the multi PCB , especially if there's a darksoft logo on it. Nonetheless fantastic job @Darksoft

Another option, for the ones like me who will take the shell from an existing game, can be make a stircker, like the one made for the CPS2 Multi

The more options, the better :D

looks like i'll have a Taito F3 setup to look at tomorrow (thanks @kidpanda !). I have some ideas, but it'll really depend on what makes sense once I have a system to hold and mess with.

On a side note, where can I buy just the Multi LCD controller pcb?

The Multi LCD uses a standard LCD module plus a custom made PCB that only interconnects the buttons and the LCD to the ribbon cable. I don't have any left but it's the same LCD as I used in CPS2.

Here are detailed measurements I made of the CPS2 LCD that should work for the Taito.

CPS2 LCD Panel with Measurements Rev 3.png
Photo Feb 01, 12 53 57 AM.jpg

anyone care to sell me a red 3d printed shell for the taito game selector??

it's exactly the same size as the CPS2 selector.. you can ask twisted to print a CPS2 version without the CPS2 engraving, looks and works nice.

I'm not at home right now, but the PCB has the same size as OEM and fits without modification in the OEM case. The SD card slot and the LCD cable are perfectly aligned with the OEM case slot/hole at the bottom side of the OEM case.
Thanks dude!

I didn't really want to take one of my carts apart as it would mean breaking the security seal. It doesn't really matter but I would rather leave it intact if possible :saint:

I just took the rest of the screws out of the case though and I managed to lift the edges up enough to measure the PCB width and length. For anyone else who wants to know its 290mm wide by 230mm deep.

A red mini shell for the selector would be nice. Bonus points if you can make it F3 cart shaped 8)

I'm planning on making something custom for mine which won't really be able to be mass produced easily but if anyone wants any help designing a clear acrylic top/base etc for it I would be happy to take some detailed measurements of the top/bottom pieces required.

Honestly speaking I'd totally pay for a solid 3d printed shell for the multi PCB , especially if there's a darksoft logo on it. Nonetheless fantastic job @Darksoft
I think it will be tough to 3d print this one on a hobby level printer, unless it's broken up into multiple pieces. I know the build plate on my printer is a bit over half the size of the shell. Might need to be a run from someone like Shapeways to get access to a big enough printer to do it as single pieces.

Back