What's new
Just want to reiterate this:
An on-screen menu for a Taito F3 is a terrible idea given how flakey the system is with not only voltage but with sync signals (it's so weird that the XRGB Mini can't even display it at all). A black screen is very common issue when changing F3 rom boards and can be tricky to troubleshoot.

aoiddr: Thanks for that information regarding F3 video... I actually own a xRGB mini, and had I gotten an F3 I would have been very disappointed.

P.S. Is Rayforce on PS1 the same/port of the F3 version?

P.S. Is Rayforce on PS1 the same/port of the F3 version?
I don't think RayForce ever came out on the PS1. There were three games in the series which were RayForce, RayStorm, and RayCrisis. Both the latter two titles came out on the PS1. They had polygon based graphics.

RayForce is the only one is completely in 2D and has a port to the Saturn known as Layer Section in Japan, Galactic Attack in North America, and Gunlock in Europe. The Saturn port is supposedly very accurate to the arcade but the arcade version has a bit of extra effects/graphical details.

I have the Saturn one and I love it. It's one of my favourite STGs - that is why I would love to play it on the Taito F3. It plays similarly to Terra Driver in the sense that you can attack enemies before they enter the play field.

I don't think RayForce ever came out on the PS1. There were three games in the series which were RayForce, RayStorm, and RayCrisis.
Ah, yes RayStorm... Sorry. I got my names mixed up.

BTW I haven't played Force, but I do enjoy Storm.
Some will say early polygon games haven't aged well, I have no problems with the look of Strom at all.

I have to agree...I love the look of flat shaded polygons. Games like Starblade and Shadow Squadron still look great to my eyes.

But 2D stuff will never die.

Just got another game cart, just in case we need some type of donor cart when Darksoft works on a multi for the F3.

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Seems realistic
Please!!!!!!!!! Let me know if you need anything, donations, hardware. etc.

I want to use the re shell from a cart, custom logo sticker and maybe install an lcd for game selection on the shell.

I would absolutely love to get my hands on the F3-Multigame when it's done, right after the NG multi. I would go for the PGM first if you would ask me but I'm not complaining. :D

Make sure you pick up your DECO pcb set for the next release!
I'd be lie'n if I said I didn't look at the game list on system16.com when DS posted it.

The line up is pretty weak IMO, but hey if DS wants to make it and Derick wants to buy it...
Who am I to judge? ;)

Back