What's new
861c61642ded8f23ca973a6130b7530e.jpg

and maybe a naomi cart multi (so it'll run from a Capcom converter) will be forthcomming....
Are you referring to the Capcom Jamma I/O board?

You can run net-booting to your Naomi through the Capcom Jamma I/O board right now...

Maybe you are talking about something else, I'm still new to all of this.

and maybe a naomi cart multi (so it'll run from a Capcom converter) will be forthcomming....
Are you referring to the Capcom Jamma I/O board?
You can run net-booting to your Naomi through the Capcom Jamma I/O board right now...

none of the jvs->jamma adapters output enough power to run a dimm board so gdroms, cf-cards or netboot boot all need separate PSU to run the setup. Only carts will run from them. So a multi cart would work better if using setup in a standard jamma cab.

Are you referring to the Capcom Jamma I/O board?You can run net-booting to your Naomi through the Capcom Jamma I/O board right now...

none of the jvs->jamma adapters output enough power to run a dimm board so gdroms, cf-cards or netboot boot all need separate PSU to run the setup. Only carts will run from them. So a multi cart would work better if using setup in a standard jamma cab.
My solution was to modify the capcom i/o with a new dc to dc converter to output enough amps, I have done this to several units without any issues. So I no longer need an additional/separate psu.

Last edited:
Yep, I have an external Sun power supply inside the jamma cab for the Naomi and the Netdimm board.

I love it!

I see what you are saying about a multi cart. That would be a cool idea.

My solution was to modify the capcom i/o with a new dc to dc converter to output enough amps, I have done this to several units without any issues. So I no longer need on additional/separate psu.
Whaahaaaaat? You pulled off the nirvana and can power a Dimm/NetDimm with a Capcom I/O. And didn't share the details????

Well, good news is that I can confirm that I made last weekend the schematics for Taito F3....
OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! 8| 8o 8o 8o 8o
and I don't mean extracted the schematics from Taito F3 but actually made them for the new multi.
#cartwheels!!! I think the shmupper in me will absolutely flip when you announce the same for the PGM multi and somehow have integration with Cave game for it. I should buy extra PGM mobo's now as an investment opportunity for when you do.

My solution was to modify the capcom i/o with a new dc to dc converter to output enough amps, I have done this to several units without any issues. So I no longer need on additional/separate psu.
Whaahaaaaat? You pulled off the nirvana and can power a Dimm/NetDimm with a Capcom I/O. And didn't share the details????
Yup, didnt think anyone would care to do the same since it involves desoldering the exist dc-to-dc converter and replacing it with another and then its a matter of adjusting volts/amps. I did make a thread a while back about discussing it a possible fix to the converters but seems like there was not enough interest. So I was like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh well, lets figure it out anyway. :)

Yup, didnt think anyone would care to do the same since it involves desoldering the exist dc-to-dc converter and replacing it with another and then its a matter of adjusting volts/amps. I did make a thread a while back about discussing it a possible fix to the converters but seems like there was not enough interest. So I was like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh well, lets figure it out anyway.
I know the thread. I am a UI guy. No EE skills to speak of so I couldn't contribute anything other than speculation. Update that thread and give up the ghost, give up the ghost!!!!

EDIT: For crying out loud man, this place is called "Arcade Projects". You applied Gordian Knot principles and solved an extremely difficult situation in a bold stroke. All the while here I was contemplating buying @brentradio 's dead NAOMI PSU, resurrecting it so I can get 4 NAOMI-based cabs going. Scouring the net for bargains on those. Tease!

Last edited:
Yup, didnt think anyone would care to do the same since it involves desoldering the exist dc-to-dc converter and replacing it with another and then its a matter of adjusting volts/amps. I did make a thread a while back about discussing it a possible fix to the converters but seems like there was not enough interest. So I was like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh well, lets figure it out anyway. :)
  • @Derick2k post a link to your thread please.

I know the thread. I am a UI guy. No EE skills to speak of so I couldn't contribute anything other than speculation. Update that thread and give up the ghost, give up the ghost!!!!
@Derick2k post a link to your thread please.
I will try to update thread hopefully this weekend and post some pics of what I did and used. Hopefully it helps others that want to a similar mod.

I will try to update thread hopefully this weekend and post some pics of what I did and used. Hopefully it helps others that want to a similar mod.
I'd love to ditch my sun PSU.. lord knows they're going for $100 now :(

I'm sure it will be very helpful to others.

I love everything posted here in the last 24 hours so, so much.

8o

How stabile are the voltages after the DC-DC swap?
Pretty rock solid, didnt notice/measure any real drift that should be a cause for concern. I guess it depends on the quality of the new converter and your PSU.

did you do the nod yourself or did you bought it already modded?

I know the Austrian guy sells it for example...

Isn't heat an issue? (Because of the extended amperage)

@Edit: i didn't realize this was the f3 post, could someone move this psu discussion to another thread? :)

Last edited:
Back