What's new

Outside of Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, every game I try on the Lindbergh Multi gives me an error 11. The light on the JVS I/O board is blinking green. Here is what I have attempted to solve the issue:
  • Moved the I/O card to each PCI slot
  • Replaced the Cr2032 Battery on the I/O board and the motherboard
  • Cleaned the contacts
  • Checked the BIOS to insure that the PCI slots were enabled
  • Tried multiple JVS I/Os
  • Tried multiple usb cables
  • Internally cried
The odd thing about it is that when I'm in the test menu of the Lindbergh I can use the cab's controls to navigate the menu. So that leads me to believe that there is some sort of connection. Unfortunately, I do not have another game to test with the system. Does the I/O board need to be in a specific PCI slot for it to work? Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks.

What I/O are you using? It may not have the specs the Lindy is looking for.

What I/O board are you using?

Most Lindbergh Games are Designed to work with the Sega Type 1.5 and Type 3 I/O boards. Others work too but your problem could be as simple as it not being compatible.

The PCI I/O is 837-14472R91 and the JVS is a 838-13683-93 Rev B. I think its a type 2. Thanks again I appreciate your help!

The PCI I/O is 837-14472R91 and the JVS is a 838-13683-93 Rev B. I think its a type 2. Thanks again I appreciate your help!
that's not a Type 2, that's a the JAMMA to JVS I/O.

I don't know what the compatibility is like with those, but I'd recommend trying the Jumper in the "B" position.

the "A" position of the jumper sets the expansion port to input mode (for a kick harness) the "B" position of the jumper set the expansion port to output mode (for lamps). Most of the Lindbergh games wont run without outputs available.

I'd suspect that Virtua Tennis and Virtua Fighter have the most forgiving I/O requirements so I'd test with those games first.

FWIW, I received the same error when I converted my Crazy Taxi to Outrun 2 with 838-13683. Most likely incompatible.

This Forum is an amazing place full of amazing people! OMG! That Worked! Dude! Twistedsymphony you are the man! and Thanks to you too Mitsurugi-w for the rapid response! For future reference I will upload the pics.

Attachments

• HPIM2576.JPG
    HPIM2576.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 1,098
  • HPIM2577.JPG
    HPIM2577.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 879
  • HPIM2578.JPG
    HPIM2578.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 910
Hi guys, I got the same error 11. I am using Jamma to JVS (838-13683-93) with B option as well, but still, can't get into VF5. Does the IO need extra power from extenal power cable ? I am now getting the power from the JAMMA harness. Don't know why it doesn't work..

For VF5 I'd try position A on the jumper. Though it's possible that game is simply not compatible with that IO board

I know I am super late to the party, but am starting to mess with a yellow Lindbergh. I have this setup in a nnc (I believe a 3.0 jvs io?) I am getting this same jvs 11 error after booting up. No idea what game it is running. Is there a jumper setting on the Lindbergh maybe?

Back