What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Fans are all awhirl, but that's all I'm getting. Anyone have any advice? Guesses? I've reseated all the hardware, and that's about the end of my testing.

If you are getting a black screen on boot, it is almost always an issue with the game/hard drive not loading properly.

Do you get any kind of text on the monitor when you boot the N2?

Are you using the DVI or the VGA port on the graphics card? Sometimes, one or the other will not detect a signal at all. (Try booting one one and then on the other to see if you get any signal to appear)

If you are getting a black screen on boot, it is almost always an issue with the game/hard drive not loading properly.

Do you get any kind of text on the monitor when you boot the N2?

Are you using the DVI or the VGA port on the graphics card? Sometimes, one or the other will not detect a signal at all. (Try booting one one and then on the other to see if you get any signal to appear)
I tried DVI and VGA, tried removing the GPU altogether and using on-board graphics, never even saw BIOS.

It was working, a guy offered to swap me a Chihiro for it (I'd rather play CTHR than MT3), I brought it home to pack and ship, tried testing it and it was no longer working. The guy wants it anyway for the HDD/dongle/GPU, but I feel awful because it was working at the beginning of our talks, and now it isn't.

If your N2 is used to run MT3, I can check my setup and let you know how it is configured.

I'm almost positive that onboard video for the N2 will show nothing. I think it also has a metal bracket blocking that port from being used.

I also know that if you use a GPU that isn't the exact one needed for MT3 (e.g. if you use the GPU for MT3DX+ on a MT3 N2) it won't display any data.

Back