What's new

NeoField

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good day all,

I have an early USA Neo Geo AES 5v system and cannot get my Neo Geo MVS to AES converter to work properly with the 161 cart.

I purchased one of the cheap Spanish mvs converters and have been able to get it to work maybe 1 out of 100 times, but when I selected a game, it will randomly freeze or just not start.

I contacted the company who says its due to my amps on the power supply not being high enough. Ordered a 5v 5a off eBay and it wouldn't work either.

Yes I know I can get a MVS console instead but I love my AES and would really like this to work. Any ideas or anyone else remedy this problem on their 5v AES systems?

be careful with generic PSUs because AES uses reverse polarity....

Well "reverse" it's relative, AES needs inner ground and outher positive.

Deibit nailed it. Polarity needs to be reversed on that tip. The PSU will probably be fine. This adapter should do the trick if you can't solder yourself. Could someone please confirm this though?

s-l500.jpg

Excellent news, thank you all! going to try the adapter and will let you know. Thanks again for your help!

Well, hopefully I'm right about that. I imagine that even if your PSU is only running at half its rating, it would still be more than enough amperage. So you "should" be fine, I think... :D

Deibit nailed it. Polarity needs to be reversed on that tip. The PSU will probably be fine. This adapter should do the trick if you can't solder yourself. Could someone please confirm this though?
s-l500.jpg
Adapter arrived and its all working perfectly now! Really cant thank you all enough, so happy to have this working! Thank you again! Love this forum!!!

Back