What's new

Someone Else

Student
Reaction score
If a Namco Noir monitor broke, how difficult would finding a replacement be?

Is it a situation where only specific arcade monitors (or very few TVs) fit?

Or can you basically fit many 32" TVs or computer monitors in there after removing their shell?

Basically, would you end up with a paper weight once the original monitor is gone? They're fairly nice looking, but google turns up no information on monitor replacement.

Yep I would like to know this too. I'm pretty sure there was a thread that described type of panel that is in them. Its a Samsung I believe. I have one that needs a screen replaced although it might just be the power supply in the monitor. I haven't had a chance to open it up yet.

You need to not think about "finding a replacement" and instead think about repairing what you've got.

I've never serviced an arcade LCD, but the few techs I know that are still working typically repair them just like we repair failing CRTs.

Take it apart, inspect for damage, check voltage points etc. a lot of the professional monitor repair shops that used to service CRTs now service LCDs instead.

You need to not think about "finding a replacement" and instead think about repairing what you've got.

I've never serviced an arcade LCD, but the few techs I know that are still working typically repair them just like we repair failing CRTs.

Take it apart, inspect for damage, check voltage points etc. a lot of the professional monitor repair shops that used to service CRTs now service LCDs instead.
When I had an LCD TV repaired under warranty they ended up just swapping out the entire "guts" (motherboard / PSU) with a spare.

The same should work for this, assuming you're able to source replacement parts.

When I had an LCD TV repaired under warranty they ended up just swapping out the entire "guts" (motherboard / PSU) with a spare.
The same should work for this, assuming you're able to source replacement parts.
That's the kind of unsure thing I'm wary of, and would like to know if a substitute is possible just in case repair isn't. ^^ (Preferably with equal or better input lag and image quality.)

I've managed to repair an LCD screen - a lot of google-fu and I found out the psu was prone to cap failures. Replaced them and touched up a couple of dry joints and it was up and running for £9.

I've also replaced the fl tubes in old laptop screens with 100% succss rate.

I´ve replaced my screen with a 32inch Sony LCD. Fits without problems and the lag is very low. The model type i could add if somebody is interested.

I´ve replaced my screen with a 32inch Sony LCD. Fits without problems and the lag is very low. The model type i could add if somebody is interested.
Yes please do, the more information and options we have, the better :D

Sony BRAVIA KDL-32W705
Fits perfect. I just taped the small Sony logo at the bottom with black tape. No problems with heat or anything, the big backfan is unplugged.

Can you post a picture of your cab how it fits? Just curious :)

Yes, i can post pics after new year, when i am back home. Any special wishes or just with removed Display Front Cover?

IMG_0976.jpg
Here's a pic of the details of the LCD that is installed in all 4 of my Noir Cabs. All are 2007 models. Sorry I didn't take any photo's of the rest of the monitor setup. I'm really impressed by the quality of these cabinets, they really are built well. So solid. Really tidy wiring. The only issue is the JVS IO card isn't very compatible with other systems.

does anyone have more suggestions of Monitors Fitting?

perhaps newer models fit also.

thanks

Does anyone here have a 1080p noir? Can you share your model #
I want to see of I can source the OG LCD it came with.

Cheers.

Back