What's new
I know this is probably way too late for this and maybe no-one agrees with me, but I personally hate the DE-15 connector. Making cables for it is a PITA.

Any chance of an auxiliary 5 pin connector with just RGB, sync and GND?
It is a little though behind the DB15, and what really tilted me to go for it are these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DB15-DSUB-...onnector-COVER-HOOD-screw-black-/271852933796

2.5 bucks and you don't have to deal with crimping, getting the right connector and whatnot.

Also, the jammafier has the option to output 5V on pin 9 of the DB15 - so making some kind of thing similar to the one above, but with active electronics should be a breeze.

Reactions: nem
It is a little though behind the DB15, and what really tilted me to go for it are these:https://www.ebay.com/itm/DB15-DSUB-...onnector-COVER-HOOD-screw-black-/271852933796

2.5 bucks and you don't have to deal with crimping, getting the right connector and whatnot.
OK, that's pretty good. Are you doing anything to sync? What pin outputs standard jamma negative composite sync?
I'm not touching it at all, and the CSYNC is output on the HSYNC pin as that is kind of a standard. There are a couple of reasons for this, one being that it would duplicate what's done in the upscaler I'm working on - that will eat raw jamma video. For people not getting the retro scaler, I think there are too many variants to accommodate without things getting messy. I'm VERY open to hear about scenarios though to narrow things down and maybe an '80%' solution exists. From what I can gather:

1 - Various tri-sync monitors
2 - 15/25k monitors in cab's with JVS
3 - OSSC setups
4 - Frame meister setups
5 - Gonbes 8220 setups
6 - taito scaler (think this one actually has VGA connector input)
7 - other?

Some of these eat video at 5V and CSYNC, some require attenuated video, some require attenuated sync, some require H/V sync etc.

What would be helpful would be to hear how people considering the jammafier first-hand would hook up video in as much detail as possible. My personal use, which I possibly wrongly assume is the most common, would be to use it in a Naomi Universal cab with a 31K only monitor. This scenario is jammafier->retroscaler a1->monitor. Previous setup was with xrgb2, which handles raw jamma video - but requires a JP21 'scart' cable that needs to be made custom regardless and may as well have DB15 on the jammafier end.

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
That's perfect for me! With the adapter you linked to I can run a cable from the video output of the JVS2JAMMA to the AMP UP 15 pin video input connector in a Sega cab (w/ trisync monitor) very easily.

I would like to hook it up to NNC and Cyberlead JVS cabs, so 15K in = 15K out, no upscaling to 31K

I would like to hook it up to NNC and Cyberlead JVS cabs, so 15K in = 15K out, no upscaling to 31K
What's the connector and 'raw' jamma video and sync ok?
Both cabs have standard VGA connector, but most likely I would have to add 220ohm resistors in the RGB lines to bring the values down a bit.

I did build a complete Jamma harness for my NNC, and without the 220ohm resistors in the RGB lines the colors where too bright / over saturated a bit.
No issues with sync, just passthrough from Jamma to the VGA Hsync

Having this thing manufactured will cost quite a bit because of PTH parts, so I will most likely do a very limited 'hand-crafted' edition of 10 or so units before shelling out thousands of dollars for something there may not be a market for.

If you'd like to secure one, PM me your name, email and country. I will not collect any payments until they are done, and getting your name on the list is not a commitment to buy - but you will need to be on the list to buy one when ready.

Having this thing manufactured will cost quite a bit because of PTH parts, so I will most likely do a very limited 'hand-crafted' edition of 10 or so units before shelling out thousands of dollars for something there may not be a market for.

If you'd like to secure one, PM me your name, email and country. I will not collect any payments until they are done, and getting your name on the list is not a commitment to buy - but you will need to be on the list to buy one when ready.
Done :)

Don't have a JVS cabinet yet but suffering FOMO :) Fear Of Missing Out , so PM incoming.

Just to clarify - this is for the JVS2Jamma board only and not the also mentioned video processor (converter) that converts everything to VGA with no "tweaking" correct? Both were discussed and I am interested in the video processor at some point and want to make sure I don't miss out on that opportunity.

PM'd. This is exactly what I'd be interested in, with the upscaler. Hope it works out.

Just to clarify - this is for the JVS2Jamma board only and not the also mentioned video processor (converter) that converts everything to VGA with no "tweaking" correct? Both were discussed and I am interested in the video processor at some point and want to make sure I don't miss out on that opportunity.
Yes, this is for the jammafier only. The "Retro Scaler A1" will (hopefully) come later. It's a lot of things to work through going from working proof-of-concept/prototype to having something that can be manufactured, shipped and supported.

Work-in-progress is currently the jammafier, the jvspac2 and the upscaler. My goal is to eventually have all 3 readily available and easy to order like I did with the jvs-pac.

Many thanks for all that have indicated interest so far! I'll try to come up with something that sets it apart a little from the hopefully later manufactured ones.

Is the JVSpac2 the interface that works with the Naomi/Triforce/Chihiro/Lindbergh, etc. and converts a USB input (either gun or steering wheel) to analog to allow use with any of those systems? I know you were working on that project at one time and had a concept that was shared on these forums - a great project and there was much interest in it. Hoping that project is on the work-in-progress list and still has a chance of development. I think a lot of us would love to have the option for USB peripherals to be used with our Sega systems rather than the very expensive alternatives for those systems. Thank you for all your great work and contributions to this hobby.

Is the JVSpac2 the interface that works with the Naomi/Triforce/Chihiro/Lindbergh, etc. and converts a USB input (either gun or steering wheel) to analog to allow use with any of those systems?
Pretty sure it's an updated version of the original, so:

"The JVS-PAC is a small device that enables you to play MAME on your JVS cabinet with a minimum of hassle."

The original JVSPAC is great for mame in JVS cabs. I use it with groovy mame on my net cities and it's awesome. Honestly I'll probably pick up a couple just to have when the new rev is done.

The USB controller thingie "mini-io" is on hold at the moment, really just because there is so much else that is in-progress.

Speaking of stuff in progress, I spent some time learning how people make web sites these days and set up a new one that will cover the stuff I make - man writing the content this stuff takes TIME, check it out:

https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/introduction

Sorry for the warning/disclaimer, but I don't want an overly enthusiastic DIY'er to hook up a 110V cabinet with dodgy wiring to 220V mains, jerry-rig the fuses, unintentionally leaving it on and starting a fire.

Anyho - feedback on features & documentation most welcome. I hope it's very clear what it does and what it doesn't do.

9 units reserved for the limited hand-crafted edition:

Derick2k
PascalP
skate323k137
K405
SNK-NEO-GEO x 2
Dache
randombling
Outside of Time

Last edited:
Back