What's new
I finally got to test and it seems like it’s not finding my jvs io. I’m am following tutorial and getting hung up at step 4. I only have jvs and power hooked up. Im not sure if I did something wrong. I am trying on a vewlix cab and included picture of io board being used along with jammifier display.
F3CFD8D3-A15C-4091-8D5A-D671894E9E8F.jpeg
2F70733B-E6F2-4C17-878F-0AA1D0CAAF25.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a little odd - I take it the IO is powered or powers up about the same time as the jammafier. Can you try making a text file called 'jamdebug.txt' and put it on an sd-card? The jammafier will log all kinds of stuff if it finds that file.

That's a little odd - I take it the IO is powered or powers up about the same time as the jammafier. Can you try making a text file called 'jamdebug.txt' and put it on an sd-card? The jammafier will log all kinds of stuff if it finds that file.
The io power ups right away when you turn on the cab if that helps. I'll get back to you with a some results a bit later on.

Great, just email me the file and I'll have a look. It's tested with another taito IO, but didn't have access to the vewlix one.

Attached is debug file. Thank you for the help
View attachment jamdebug.txt

Attachments

• jamdebug.txt
    26.6 KB · Views: 132
Mine has arrived safe and sound too :thumbsup:

To confirm, I'm also testing on a Vewlix (the cabinet I want to use it on is still in transit....) and seeing the same No IO, retry...

This is the ver/rev of Taito I/O in my cab:
Jammafier.jpg

Let me know if you'd like a debug file from me too.

Yes, debug from all would actually be helpful - also working ones. The delay between reset and assign address is worth changing, it's a bit short compared to other JVS systems - not that it should matter, I'll collect some more data and provide an update.

Received mine as well.
It doesn't like my Sega IOs.

Tried 3 different Type 1s (2 in my cabs and a spare one), 1 Type 2 and 1 Type 3.
I tried generating the jamdebug.txt with one of them, and it's basically the same as ThisGuy's except the serial #, voltages and timestamps obviously :

Code:
0000:00:00:00.570 - Trace to file jamdebug.txt enabled
0000:00:00:00.610 - Jammafier system start
0000:00:00:00.630 - adcStart complete
0000:00:00:00.649 - oledInit enter
0000:00:00:00.791 - oledInit exit
0000:00:00:00.988 - Build 2018-08-15
0000:00:00:01.009 - pcb rev 1.4
0000:00:00:01.029 - Serial 11
0000:00:00:01.049 - Init screen - wait 2 seconds
0000:00:00:03.213 - Waiting for +5V to reach 4.6
0000:00:00:03.238 - Voltages: 5.22V 12.30V
0000:00:00:03.257 - -5V enabled
0000:00:00:03.276 - HW Init done
0000:00:00:03.339 - main program start

I tried each and every one of them on my stock Naomi Universal cab as a last-test before putting them in the ESD bag, so this is indeed incredibly odd. Software is also tested with both Sega Jamma IO's, the stock Naomi one, the Capcom V2, and the Taito Egret 3/TypeX IO.

I'll have a think. Already added 3.3V sensing in the debug just to be sure.

If you have a multimeter handy, can you do a quick check of the 3.3V?

Last edited:
Full disclosure : the first time I powered it on, I had a Jamma PCB attached to it.
I should have read the page on 'First time use' beforehand but got a little bit carried away.
I did all subsequent tests without any PCB attached.

Edit: voltages are very close on my other cab => 5.23V 12.38V

Here we go.

(Updated)

jamdebug is the io and jammafier being powered on at the same time, no game pcb attached. USB cable disconnected/reconnected (io end)

jamdebug1 is the io and jammafier being powered on at the same time.

jamdebug2 is io being powered for a few seconds before the jammafier. USB cable disconnected/reconnected (jammafier end)

View attachment jamdebug.txt

View attachment jamdebug1.txt

View attachment jamdebug2.txt

I'll check my voltages tomorrow once I can get hold of my multimeter.

Last edited:
That's just a disclaimer thingie to avoid destroying PCB's in case someone has an unknown/crappy cab supply.

Also, just to be 100%... you are plugging the JVS cable into the one next to the RCA connectors?

Facepalms

No, the other one... well now it detects the IO board if I use the proper connector :S
Going to test some more
Phew, gave me a little scare there :) Will make better documentation on this, it IS confusing and I would have easily done this myself.

Also, just to be 100%... you are plugging the JVS cable into the one next to the RCA connectors?
yep. Out of curiosity, what's the "USB" usb port for?
Jammafier1.jpg
Several things - primary is to keep cabling neat in a cab a when you need to power e.g. a scaler :) It's also used for initial install of the bootloader, and lastly - which may never happen - it's actually capable of reading stuff like a USB keyboard/joypad..

Out of curiosity, what's the "USB" usb port for?[/attach]
Several things - primary is to keep cabling neat in a cab a when you need to power e.g. a scaler :) It's also used for initial install of the bootloader, and lastly - which may never happen - it's actually capable of reading stuff like a USB keyboard/joypad..
All bases covered. I like your style :thumbup:

Back