What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Tried hooking up PC (VGA->BNC), PS3/360(component) to the built-in card, 2 different 42HD's, and a 41HD. No dice all around, just this picture: https://imgur.com/1CMM49z

Tried messing with internal/external sync for the PC, as well as h/v/combined. Internal sync only on the PS3/360 for obvious reasons.

480i looks great, everything else looks like that.

Figured maybe someone on here has a suggestion? No luck elsewhere.

It had been working fine for months, I moved it into a lesser used room and (mostly) forgot about it, never hooked anything back up until a few nights ago and now nothing works quite right.

Congrats on your BVM. What I understand is that BVMs always need terminators, for every input you also have to have to terminator on the output. I am not too sure if this will help with your sync but I do believe you need to have some terminators. Then there is also the sync on green trick. You use a T BNC connector which you connect to the Green input then you connect the green cable together with the sync cable. These have been my experiences. BVMs are just a little more complicated. You got the best BVM only the 32 is better because of its screen screen real estate.

that looks like it's running positive sync when it should be negative sync. is there a sync polarity switch on your BVM?

that looks like it's running positive sync when it should be negative sync. is there a sync polarity switch on your BVM?
This is something I don't know. But it gives me better search terms. Update: Google says at least on the D20 there are internal jumpers than change the polarity of the sync. Now to find that in the D24 manual I guess.

Well, the D24 manual doesn't talk about that at all...

As for terminators, they make zero difference. They were necessary on my D20, but the D24 has never seemed to care either way. I've tried both with and without, no difference (both when it was working, and now).

Last edited:
what resolutions are you feeding it? does it do this with a 1080i signal too?

looking at the manual (page 13-14 http://www.broadcaststore.com/pdf/model/670625/bvmd32e1wu op manual.pdf)

it seems as though you need an "HD" decoder adapter to display HD content.
I have several HD cards, and the standard analog cards take 480P/720P just fine for everyone else over component, so idk.

I've tried 480P/720P/1080i, all have the same issue. Whether it's on the 42HD/41HD/21-whateveritisRGBcard/built-in-analog card. It seems like there's an issue with the internal sync, but I didn't have this issue before, so I'm not sure what to do.

Sorry that I can not help much on the hardware part.. on my BVM 32 a PC will not sync without using a extron 203. In my BVM eve when I tried components on the analog card or on the HD card I get a picture degration..the way to go was on the analog card set it to RGB and use the extron and connect a PC using VGA.. again as I stated at shmups HDFury2 with everything HDMI except PS4 that system does not work at all.

Worse case and last result maybe reset the BVM to factory defaults.. usually the code is 1111 to enter the maintenance menu..

https://www.ebay.com/p/Extron-RGB-2...erface-With-Audio/2269131200?iid=253243900827

I appreciate your help, my friend. Both here and on shmups.

I couldn't get the PC working with it either using a VGA->BNC adapter. At least the answer to that one is simple. I had to use an extron for one of my old PVM's as well to get the PC working with it. I'll dig around and see if I still have it, or if I sold it with that particular PVM.

Your component experience at least proves that mine *should* be working with just component. Even if the picture is poor, it should at least show a picture.

I've tried factory defaults, but that didn't do much unfortunately.

@twistedsymphony There are a few different factory reset options among the different settings pages. I've steered clear of all the color balance ones. WAY clear.

The color calibration is super easy if you have the probe to calibrate it with, basically you should use it every time that you move the monitor, even if it is 2 inches away..

The color calibration is super easy if you have the probe to calibrate it with, basically you should use it every time that you move the monitor, even if it is 2 inches away..
Television/monitor calibration is beyond my knowledge-base. I don't know how to do it, don't have any tools involved, wouldn't even know where to start.

Every arcade monitor I've rebuilt/recapped or even just decided looked wrong I've gone to the AO wiki's calibration guide, and just followed that. But that's just a handful of pots. There are a hundred more settings on this one for sure.

I do not know about calibration also... the prove that I am talking about it is call a BKM-14L...It is a place probe here kind of tool and the monitor does all the work for you..

for reference -

Landing Adjustment for BVMD/A Series CRT Displays Using Sony BKM-14L Probe
Using BKM-14L plugged into front option connector and internal signal channel 093 selected (100% white). Note: default password is 1111

Using the BKM-10R, select Menu then select Set Up, next select White Uniformity, next select Auto. Follow the instructions for probe placement until you see Procedure Complete. Verify that the uniformity has improved. If you still do not think it is good, then you may have to go back and instead of Auto select Manual and you can manually adjust all 4 corners. This is easily done by turning off Green & Blue and adjusting it with flat red only.

Attachments

• BKM_14L.pdf
    275.9 KB · Views: 1,460
Well, another day another problem.

It seems that having been unplugged a few days erased the Maintenance Menu settings I'd changed.

Enabling Comp Sync produces a steady image, but duplicated horizontally at 480p, tripled at 720p/1080i. Sort of like when you're trying to display 31k on a 15k monitor. OSD still claims 480/60i when I change the resolution on my PS3.

I'm stumped.

BK Board options _HS 27-45K and _HS 37-45L both to 0 fixed it.

AND the problem is there are batteries on both the BUF and BC boards that are both dead, so my Maintenance Menu settings are being erased when it's off.

Last edited:
Back