What's new
Remove it, also because it is most likely old and can leak.
If you ever decide to install a battery again, you can always install a new one at that point :)

My Super Street Fighter 2 board is Revision 4 and i could not find any CN9 header at all to connect the keywriting wires to.
Not sure what to do now....

My Super Street Fighter 2 board is Revision 4 and i could not find any CN9 header at all to connect the keywriting wires to.
Copy/paste from post #1 ;)

Pinout for board revisions 93646B-3 and 93646B-4
CN2 interface pins:

DATAArduino #2→ CN2 A32
SETUP1Arduino #3→ CN2 A30
CLOCKArduino #11→ CN2 A31
SETUP2Arduino #12→ CN2 A29

look for the first post about revisions and it should be obviously the CN2 you are looking for, it's not a proper plug and play connector like the CN9, but you should wire to the right solder points and it will work the same

On those the programming pins are at CN2. I actually soldered one cable to connect my keys programmer permanently to one of my "A" boards, for using with these earlier "B" boards.

Btw, do i need to update fw at all before soldering keywriter wires to CN2? My kit just arrived yesterday so I assume it should be on latest FW.. is that correct?

Firmware with key writing capability displays "programming keys" or something similar to that on the display right after it finishes flashing

So i should copy all the rom folders into "games" folder in root of sdcard right?

Last edited:
Yep. From memory the roll up pack already has the games folder created, so you just unzip it straight to the root of the SD card.

Correct!

So the end result should be like this;
X:\games\1944
X:\games\19xx
Etc.

I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this. Nothing appear on the LCD screen, Green screen on the TV.
I've got Sandisk 16GB MicroSD card formatted to Fat32 using MiniPartitionMagicWizard software.
Then I copied all the games into "games" folder on root.

https://youtu.be/8pRsnBd88j8

Should I go ahead to unseat all the boards or should I troubleshoot something else?

When i hook up the B board the first time (with 4 wires intact), nothing appears on TV or LCD screen as well.
Then I took off the case of B board and these two wires got detached.
Aren't they supposed to appear something on the LCD screen to indicate that at least the board is installed correctly?

no you have to update before the wires

Last edited:
Hi, just to be sure! :))

I have to install the wires first and after that update the firmware, is that correct?

Sorry for this stupid question, but the warning is a bit misleading for me. ^^

Back