You have an easy installationOK @Darksoft I've had my FULL kit for over a year in the box and I just finally got around to installing it. I know a lot has changed so here is what I wanted to clear up.
I just cut the battery off my MSHvsSF (93646B-7)
It has a BGSB3G PAL (but I ordered a GAL16V8B)
I have removed all the ROMs per the PDF
I installed both boards and connected via jumper board/IDE.
I have the 4 wire connector on CN9 but not soldered to the main DS board (firmware update?)
I connected the ribbon cable to the LCD.
1. Do I need to swap pal chips?
2. Do I need to put a jumper from pin 9 on Pal to J17?
3. Do I need to jumper out or remove any of those tiny jumpers on the B board?
4. I'm sure I need a firmware update since I see something about the Cn9 connector corrupting boot-loader if connected, and where do I get that firmware?
Thanks and super excited!!
4. If you bought it a year ago you're already on the latest firmware. Install your key writing wires and microsd card and you're good to go
OK. That is my last question.
SD card new out of the package. Do I format for fat32? I assume I just download a roll up pack and go?