What's new
what is the name of the firmware file? Flash.img? It should also be deleted

Repeat the process again only with the new Firmware and see if the file is deleted. If that's the case then you can install the wires.

The only problem comes if you upgrade firmware WITH the cables installed. If there is no firmware files in the microSD, then nothing will be updated and you'll be OK.
I'm about to lose my shit today. For some reason with nothing changed, I now get no video. The LCD displays that a game is playing but there is nothing on screen. Only wire that's ever been connected in this whole process has been the SDW5.

Tried booting it a few times and flash.img is still sitting in the folder.

Should I blank the card and start over? This was a fully working multi before adding the two files.

Only wire that's ever been connected in this whole process has been the SDW5.
Usually, the only thing that you changed is what is giving you trouble. What happens if you remove it? IIRC SWD5 was with the old firmware. With the new one, it was SWD6. It's all in the instructions.

I'm about to lose my shit today. For some reason with nothing changed, I now get no video. The LCD displays that a game is playing but there is nothing on screen. Only wire that's ever been connected in this whole process has been the SDW5.

Should I blank the card and start over? This was a fully working multi before adding the two files.
If you update the firmware you have to update the wiring too because the pin assignments changed. If the wires are connected wrong the CPS2 board may not reset during flash load or key programming. If the key wires are not set up correctly the encrypted roms also won't boot since the CPU won't receive the key.

If you update the firmware you have to update the wiring too because the pin assignments changed. If the wires are connected wrong the CPS2 board may not reset during flash load or key programming. If the key wires are not set up correctly the encrypted roms also won't boot since the CPU won't receive the key.
The update instructions weren’t crystal clear. It said to not connect the wires until you updated the firmware so I still had the old single wire connection then after the update would finish I would then connect the 4 wires.

So I was supposed to connect the 4 wires after placing the new firmware on the SD then power it on?

No, you remove ALL wires, then update firmware then connect new wires.

If you had the old reset wire connected during the flash you may have corrupted the bootloader and will need the discovery programmer to reload it

If you had the old reset wire connected during the flash you may have corrupted the bootloader and will need the discovery programmer to reload it
That's exactly what I mean, it's the way it's worded. Saying "It's not used anymore" just sounds like "after the update, just use the 4 new wires only".

It should read: "Remove SWD5 before updating as no wires are to be connected during the update. Once the firmware has been updated, you'll only be using the 4 wires and no longer will be using SWD5 for key writing. If any wires are connected during the update, it will corrupt the bootlader and will need a discovery programmer to reload it".

I've requested to borrow a programmer from @ShootTheCore as the old reset wire was still connected while trying to update.

Thanks for everyone's help with the update. Sorry if I came off as an asshole, too much stuff happening and sadly I'm still the only man in the house (Wife plus 3 girls) ;(

You don't need to remove the wires to update when using a SD card. Only if you're updating the bootloader using the discovery board (because the testpoint pins are the same ones used by the discovery to connect to the STM32).

Thanks to @ShootTheCore 's help, I was able to update my old board to the bootloading firmware via the STM32 programmer.
I was doing this because i wanted to upgrade my board for Key-writing, but because my board was from one of the earlier batches that didn't have the SD Bootloading, I couldn't do so till I did this grunt work.

IMG-4838.jpg

I powered the Multi off an old ATX PSU I had, with the instructions of soldering 5v and Gnd to the appropriate pins.
The update went smoothly, and after that i was able to do the bootloader update to get the keywriting firmware installed.

For keywriting, I installed the Arthrimus CPS2 Multi KeyWriting QSB, which made me feel secured with it being a solid install that takes pressure off the pads you need to solder to. Its also great that he made sure not to compromise the J4 connector in the PCB design.
IMG-4751.jpg

I can now run all games un-decrypted, as well as the new Super Street Fighter II Turbo: New Legacy hack!

IMG-4843.jpg

What’s the New Legacy hack exactly?
it’s a bunch of balancing changes and bug fixes based off community feedback and tournament notes. Notably, Akuma is selectable in the character selection screen without doing the input code. He’s also been tuned to be more tourney worthy (he’s currently banned in most tournaments).
I believe there are new costume colors coming in the next version.

https://newlegacy.fr/

Jeeez @Duo_r . You should come here more often. Please download the latest instructions. Since a couple of years, the firmware updates just copying a file into the microSD card. You can't know the FW that you have installed in an easy way, so just do an update to the latest and you'll be good. It's all explained here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...tions-and-videos-old-version-till-10-2020.21/

If something is not clear let us know.

Jeeez @Duo_r . You should come here more often. Please download the latest instructions. Since a couple of years, the firmware updates just copying a file into the microSD card. You can't know the FW that you have installed in an easy way, so just do an update to the latest and you'll be good. It's all explained here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...tions-and-videos-old-version-till-10-2020.21/

If something is not clear let us know.
Yep I’ve seen that, just wondering if that is a new update from the one I got. Cant find a firmware revision summary to see the changes.

Hi everyone!
I have a strange issue with my CPS2 multi kit.
When i boot up my CPS2 kit (no battery, B board Rev B4 with CN2 resistor) keys writing seems to be effective. At this point I have a green screen.
When I try to lunch a game board get stuck during flashing game and screen became black.

i Check my solders.
Change roms pack
I’m a bit lost.
Please I need help 😅
Thanks a lot

Are you saying the progress bar on the lcd freezes while loading a game?

Back