What's new
My hope the last few games still get decrypted for those not comfortable with the mod.
Spark my memory and save me the anguish of looking back through this thread, and name which games those are? Por favor.
If I remember correctly...

Rings of Destruction - Slammasters II
Vampire Savior 2

Perhaps one of the puzzle/quiz games. My gut feeling is that 3 titles were missing but I can't think of another one.

If these are now working...please correct me!

Here you go mitsu. Ignore the orange reboot wire. It is unsoldered but I left one end connected to the side in case I had to roll back the firmware. Going to remove it tonight once I reload my sd card so I have Progear Red again.

Attachments

• 0B01D5EC-E357-4B15-9385-A496CE306AC2.jpeg
    0B01D5EC-E357-4B15-9385-A496CE306AC2.jpeg
    729.9 KB · Views: 220
Vampire Savior 2

Perhaps one of the puzzle/quiz games. My gut feeling is that 3 titles were missing but I can't think of another one.

Those games are on the avalaunch cps2 site. Why wouldn't they be on the CPS2 Multi archive?

Vampire Savior 2

Those games are on the avalaunch cps2 site. Why wouldn't they be on the CPS2 Multi archive?
He was close, It's "Vampire Hunter 2" I believe that's missing.

As for the puzzle/quiz game, Jyangokushi is missing?

I'm not aware of any others that don't have at least one region covered by Avalaunch.

You guys rock btw!

Here's my original post of titles I didn't see in the old pack. If I goofed lemme know so I can edit it!

But yeah VH2 and Jyangokushi were basically it, I think the other 3 are variants of sorts, not really unique titles. (Even VH2 can be argued to be a variant)

New CPS2 Multigame Firmware with Key Writing!!!!!!

I think maybe because I am using the US region roll-up pack?

Are you all good there brutha? That statement makes me wonder about your well being. Someone here can help you get it done if need be. Stay up man.
I just dont have the dexterity anymore. on good days I could do it, but I dont wanna fuck up my multi CPS2, Im broke from my Multi-MVS ;)

Hmmm...just a question so are the new CPS2 multikits able to run the encrypted code right off the bat or do they still require the four wires or so to be put on.

If there is no key file in the game folder it will not write a key so decrypted roms will function just as they did before.

Finally got around to updating the bootloader and the firmware today, which allowed me to install the harness for key-writing firmware. :D Overall, everything went fairly well, although I did have a couple of scares when I realized I had mixed up the SETUP wires, and when, during firmware updates, the board failed to restart - despite having a reset wire fitted - but the firmware updates seemed to take to the board just fine.

Kit seems to be working nicely, and I can run encrypted ROMs... as soon as I get a replacement floppy cable, since I accidentally destroyed the original. X/ I'm stuck playing decrypted AvP for a while. :thumbup:

Thanks to @ekorz for hooking me up with the harness, and thanks @ShootTheCore for lending me the programmer. Couldn't have done it without you two!

And, of course, thanks to DS & Mitsu for producing the kit, and thanks to everyone else in the community for their contributions!

Attachments

• cps2_kit_success.jpg
    cps2_kit_success.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 270
I have someone else that it doesn't work on their -4. The pictures all match what you guys are posting here. I wonder what causes it to not work?

Check out this post from @undamned regarding his findings: CPS2 Desuicide Troubles On Early Rev Boards
I did keep that in mind. We did it with wires just long enough for them to reach from the multi to the CN2 connector. I tried with and without the resistor. If the resistor is installed do we still solder the wire to pin A32? That's what I did and it did not work.

I have someone else that it doesn't work on their -4. The pictures all match what you guys are posting here. I wonder what causes it to not work?
On the version 4 board mine was originally a Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers and it had a riser board that you normally don't see on the cps2 b boards. My kit was also one of the later batches since I got it around April last year from Paradise Arcade. Doubt any of it matters but wanted to mention it if helps to isolate any requirements for the version 4 b boards. I did have to send it to you last summer (bad pal chip) and besides for reflowing my jumpers and swapping out the pal I don't think there was anything special on my b board.

I was able to update the firmware and didn't have to add the resister. I have pic a few posts back. Hope that helps.

Older games like SSF2 had 8bit SOUND MASK ROMs and that's why they had a riser board. It's because the CPS2 B board is wired for 16bit MASK ROMs and likely SSF2 was originally planned to be a CPS1Q game, not CPS2.

CPS1Q games do use 8bit chips for the sound ROMs.

Finally assembled the Darksoft CPS2 kit with 4 wires soldered to take advantage of Key Writing after updating the firmware.

Added my games so the root directory is just Games folder then it's the majority of MAME rom folders and a few hacked rom folders. The output gives me a pink/purple screen and there's no text on my LCD.
Any suggestions on how to fix this, I'm hoping it's as simple as sorting out the files, if it is super bad.... is there a service that can fix the issue?

Did you get the rom pack from here?

What revision b-board is it?

Back