What's new
I just got around to updating my CPS2 Multi, and wow!

Sincere thanks and congratulations to Darksoft and everyone else who contributed. This is an extraordinary achievement! The ability to play every revision of every game is remarkable. I once had one of the rare Megaman 1 CPSII boards and also a US-region Progear. To think that I'm able to play these games again on my arcade cab is a dream come true. :thumbup:
Darksoft, Mitsu, and the other devs in this group work hard to make these systems possible. Ive really been fortunate to have found this group. Thanks Darksoft and everyone on here for the help, support, and creation of patches, programs, and hardware which allow us to continue to enjoy this arcade hobby :thumbsup:

I jut did another repair for someone who ripped off a pad while soldering. He also accidentally removed one of the small smd caps next to the pad that I had to replace. Here is a picture of the repair:

20qnqjn.jpg

Notice that the top two pads are also connected to pins on the header there. So for those two pads you can use the header as shown in the photo. However if you burn those pads off you will need to find a way to jumper the pin on the ARM back to the header like I did in the photo.

The black wire connects with SWCLK and the Blue connects with SWD8.

Unfortunately the pads are the only location you can use for SWD6 and SWD7.

I jut did another repair for someone who ripped off a pad while soldering. He also accidentally removed one of the small smd caps next to the pad that I had to replace.
Maybe you should tell him not to use a blowtorch when doing delicate solder work on SMD pcbs :D

Although to be honest I nearly got one of the caps myself. They are tiny and they are close to the front two pads.

Just to confirm, this is the firmware that is on the kits we just got from Paradise? So we should follow these wiring instructions? I just want to make sure I get everything installed correctly since the original wiring instructions have not been updated to reflect this new firmware.

Just to confirm, this is the firmware that is on the kits we just got from Paradise? So we should follow these wiring instructions? I just want to make sure I get everything installed correctly since the original wiring instructions have not been updated to reflect this new firmware.
There is a pinned thread about how to install the wires, but you are right, those instructions needed a facelift.

We have updated the instructions to V3.0 according to the latest firmware. Please see here:

Important Info About the CPS2 Multikit

Hello,

I prepared my B board with the correct jumpers, PAL G jumper etc... For test I'm using a 2Gb micro SD card. So I upgrade the firmware and used the "cps2 encrypted files v.2" and the games working properly. But when I use every Avalauch game I have a blue screen. The game is writing (fast) and show on display "All done", "Have fun", "Now playing", but really I have a blue screen...

I tested with a original MAME file Eco Fighters and I have a blue screen.

I don´t know why. I thought that I use the two kinds of file game and will work...

I join the wires. Is a previous work to test the pcb...

Last edited:
From memory the Avalaunch files aren't configured for use on the multi kit, you need to use the rollup pack with the decrypted games in it if you want both.

The Avalaunch files are designed for burning to EPROMs and installing into the B board.

Where did you buy from?

About 20 PALG were programmed badly on this last batch. That could be the source of your problem if you bought recently from ParadiseArcade. This was a fault on our side, not Paradise's.

Naming rules explanation as per sets that came from http://cps2.avalaunch.net/

SFA - game name (sometimes the region is also put after the game name abbreviation)
R1 - Rental revision 1
D - Decrypted

L - Decrypted by me
I - Decrypted by IDC (Site admin)
M - Decrypted by Mottzilla

So, something like AVSPJDM means:
Aliens vs Predator Japan
Decrypted
by Mottzilla.

That apply only to decrypted sets. Putting a real encryption key on the directory of a decrypted set will make it not work, FYI. The CPS2 CPU will expect encrypted roms if it get programmed with a security key.

From memory the Avalaunch files aren't configured for use on the multi kit, you need to use the rollup pack with the decrypted games in it if you want both.

The Avalaunch files are designed for burning to EPROMs and installing into the B board.
Adding to what xodaraP said above, Avalaunch ROMs are available on the CPS2 multi since the release. But they need to be "formatted" into the file format the CPS2 multi expect. Hence why he mentions the rollup packs, which contains pre-converted avalaunch sets in the required format.

Adding to what xodaraP said above, Avalaunch ROMs are available on the CPS2 multi since the release. But they need to be "formatted" into the file format the CPS2 multi expect. Hence why he mentions the rollup packs, which contains pre-converted avalaunch sets in the required format.
l_oliveira, vc é brasileiro, daí pode me explicar melhor em português? Eu não consigo baixar o pack porque o site Mega mostra interrupção no download devido a "cota de transferência excedida"....

<latin-ish gibberish>
Infelizmente o MEGA agora é pago. Eles colocaram um limite de download para encorajar pagamentos. Você tem que deixar a pagina do download aberta e esperar o tempo passar para ele deixar o download continuar. O único jeito de resolver esse problema (além de esperar) é pagar pelo serviço.
</latin-ish gibberish>

Unfortunately MEGA is paid service now. They put a limit for download to force people into paying. You have to leave the download page open and wait the time elapse for it to allow for the download to continue. The only way around it (besides waiting) is pay for the service.

Back