What's new
Unfortunately MEGA is paid service now. They put a limit for download to force people into paying. You have to leave the download page open and wait the time elapse for it to allow for the download to continue. The only way around it (besides waiting) is pay for the service.
Or restart your modem, so that you get a different public IP address.

Unfortunately MEGA is paid service now. They put a limit for download to force people into paying. You have to leave the download page open and wait the time elapse for it to allow for the download to continue. The only way around it (besides waiting) is pay for the service.
That doesn't work here often on broadband ISPs as the IP may stick with you due to the the contract. Meaning you will get the same IP regardless how many times you power cycle your modem/cable box.
Also, ISPs don't like people forcibly cycling around IPs so they may cache the MAC address of the computer they see on the user side of the network (yes, cable boxes do spy into your intranet for that kind of shenanigans) and assign it the same as before IP to discourage the user from power cycling the cable modem. So, *sometimes* faking the mac address of the computer may help convincing it into assigning you a new IP on services that don't bind the IP.

That doesn't work here often on broadband ISPs as the IP may stick with you due to the the contract. Meaning you will get the same IP regardless how many times you power cycle your modem/cable box.Also, ISPs don't like people forcibly cycling around IPs so they may cache the MAC address of the computer they see on the user side of the network (yes, cable boxes do spy into your intranet for that kind of shenanigans) and assign it the same as before IP to discourage the user from power cycling the cable modem. So, *sometimes* faking the mac address of the computer may help convincing it into assigning you a new IP on services that don't bind the IP.
Had no idea things were like that in Brazil. In Colombia I use a PPPoE connection and disconnecting/reconnecting will almost always give me a different IP. We're lucky, I guess.

Also here I keep the same IP after a power cycle.
Only few times I had a different IP was either after network maintenance on the provider’s side or after a major power outage when multiple modems on my block come back online at the same time

Get a VPN service. I can recommend IPVanish.

I wouldnt use internet without it anymore. A good one gives you hundreds of IPs in all countries you can think of.

Although Darksoft was unhappy with me when I showed up with it here the first time :D

Last edited:
Hi friends,

Well, I waited the times limit and I got the "CPS2 Roll-Up Full Mame Add-On Pack". I had to buy a new SD card (16Gb), because the descompacted games had 9,62Gb.

I changed the wires and I put two connectors between arduino and CN2 connector. Formatted the SD card, I put the new firmware and I´m testing now...

Everything working fine until now.

I'm using a consolized South American "A" pcb, revision 93646B-3.

Before (initial tests)

sIyIkuCtuf-Zq8vVpcvma7S8gZ2rAShEhfCAFJsRiBhlNZdnX09mqR7L4yqSJsdmQDo_GxAzAOQtC4inKhQoExjbMcSE7g0RTSuoOcTAGyb515m-PRhLgIlHBNez3-e_doCHYzMvKadYeTTBdnwivFPYT9DRP6pYn2c1KNgByx8olAa53zzHDQEu7ce0HTz0jXyDwjjU1lrpwZjvfY3g193XuXrIhfkr-vk-tkxyPu3SLI92QAFeBgVSAtG2m2G0PsrNGSZiYiFsWVKVMRUXKCL3ldKiJJH5Jf8GMetNSI_DmCy9IQGgXYknFkZorE5hQhJa7V954ud4UQt6wsCfDB7xHg1X66x3-GzBVbCYshzrvCWmq9mU21g0whZL7znshzO5nZY20Okl1-5726lSpDkAfinowa4_YguWa6fRJzOWA7gaPFT93P3WNDYKPcG7iwAGT6syHb97LGmZD-Kcd-Uh0nmZ48VNkUdl92FP9KjTWxYyamb1w5B8wDCEYUjMiM7vhG1Ymf8QhLYn0vad-aksWxFuS9BwbFSzAvfmu-aonTCdxPzvLeD423l3rMQRVTAWcycPvoaR5spT1tjgyjO_sXRJnz0I6RwJ3jk0FfB0dBB-tjzvswfwYAN83H-NppF9wui1lDV-ZlWfWE6f386AkRpGroNM=w1573-h883-no

I Soldered these connectors directily on CN2 pins and marked one of them

K8cs9wxT-RGEKeypiHYOs2cWCEx4cVViRzVtc1wmOPMXefaGDSlc6SQiKKusK3QAOO8zdjs4kCfucvp45UG1-dd6o0G86kfEVJew0Er_DREVi4vZNKdW5ZnMhYQDZv9OxDdV3eOAOUdj9rnTK-Wc2q-ZmUMih1pXi4L_TWm4bgvog5--uExnUn2fcl_YKlo7VdkcAcsCb0cgYUxjPHzqWOJ36Cr8lkEM03Ld7ze10yWEFUdykpselC1wDGLbPaYph9k1Yqo7Q7xQ4XLUmOHrL9DmtZPGFM2RZwX8FIs356hCHUMm_wTNGF4wtjsyYVADRKKeabYNIObx_mFf32gqr2YpjxTyYKxtsxB4jkdIr1jhLozh-QU79d0od_y44eeJ3FCO5EiYMuNcl-zcXIsHzbbhFHoWpKl_OBauJUBW0dNQtvoFp3-2VGnqrxHaJCOhZ9NSPSULTuhuww0FPAV5p8Cev8OcaC3b1yPjw_jFvGxfUO-2BFPAJ7QSd40GVw965IN3pLX3AInQAk-_zhnUj8Wx5cjjhMKJy_xl-qb0CfQdK2aD3jekQ3DKcJAGYnmEHE8XT32WXMjLrahKP_r9rLafNbdlLLKYSgwZLx1L65_q_OahLQ7HF8MBK2w8KnUQndU69s0FXXT-Y5dey72b5x2OkcdeJAtE=w1628-h914-no

I soldered the wires by following the instructions and I marked one of them

4wGJl2QY2g_WKl10MgLRRfm9cJB0pOHxMgtH9HvPqrIY07LmyUwyw-hyOImTOgFpMNJYYFLONUkLoNBoZ0CUfR8XSZq5lCUTU34VMqEHRU52R8rV-mEUJOjq-FcfJUaZapG5fi-e-CukcStIq91b_R_EdLBuR56pBlPGfeyIYVh8ujz8S47LOsV8QttgUYKqlAjZblASqhX5_sM0zzXxhff8vcpZSoFzy1NUDo79hnhEasPMn8L3MOjUjYte7NSGw1htSK3-BjYVhro5Qf4tkwgYUNA6VTL7zDwZ9s6KwAskwcPRQ1mrWbfnokOUhQd7iUlJzwn7oQzY5E95sNvKPGkhE9CHfnDc-4OCQ7wLygeUln-s7PeEPLeLL_Vs9E0qoP5g1MSnwq-4JZPs3n9JB3PirlWSq6Gfmgt9CrIjfDA2NvvaG5Uab38vXXav36MvpTJgA4S4zyHXmWe081FP1fOPbOb7G3HbuhUgTsFlIy9E8cHTZ-deHVZzBj5-cIjHQrtA9S9tEZTG9h63Lc4KKzC9KR3n1RpO_MP_V9jOrOaz7jUrU_5QKo0WRKxRspCFAMFeUogViCt9Publ8sDlXBiAxTg5wd9hpggqm-CWM94NvaQFPeWs_JGZeAFnS4tRIVUqMBaCh-iQMhaeHDFYEE2nC4GLTLis=w1628-h914-no

Final result (I'm satisfied)

Last edited:
Very nice and clean :thumbup:

Great work with the connectors. I need to sort my setup out to support key writing soon so I might borrow steal your idea if you don't mind :D

Looks fantastic! So glad everything is working for you.

Very nice and clean :thumbup:

Great work with the connectors. I need to sort my setup out to support key writing soon so I might borrow steal your idea if you don't mind :D
No problem with that! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Went to start this tonight but I need to update my firmware first. I have a multi with 2.0 which I updated with the discovery board

Maybe @Darksoft can clarify for us, but this is how I view/think of the firmware history...

1.0: Launch firmware, no auto reboot, no key writing, no SD update
2.0: First auto reboot release, no key writing, no SD update
2.1: Second auto reboot release, no key writing, can update from SD card
3.0: Current firmware, key writing, can update from SD card
I didn't realise 2.0 didn't update from SD card and I was scratching my head for ages wondering why the update didn't work before I found the above post, doh! X/

It looks like I need to dig out my Discovery board and upload it to a least 2.1 to then flash the key writing firmware, or ideally 3.0 upgrade via the Discovery directly to 3.0. To upgrade via the Discovery board I think I need the firmware as .bin. Does anyone know where I can get 2.1 or 3.0 firmware as .bin?

Last edited:
If you have that discovery board you should be able to go directly to 3.0, no 2.1 required.

Also my version IDs above were totally made-up by me based on my personal observation (and owning a launch multi kit).
@Darksoft never officially confirmed my naming convention. ;)

Ah I see, well I for one like your naming convention anyway :D

I've been searching around a bit but I can't see to find any links to the firmware.bin files. Hopefully @Darksoft or @Mitsurugi-w can point me in the right direction.

Back