What's new

nio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My DECO case has 4 slots. The 4th slot is empty, whats it good for? thanks.

Don't think it was ever used. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Evidently one game, 'Explorer' used this expansion PCB in the 4th slot. I have it, and would love to try the 'Explorer' ROM using the Multi with it - but it's a very rare PCB for an already rare system - so adding it would be silly unless it's really simple...

I'll add support for it in the future. It will require hacking the game so it "reads" from the multi instead of reading from an unexisting board.

I'll add support for it in the future. It will require hacking the game so it "reads" from the multi instead of reading from an unexisting board.
That would be amazing! It looks like a very cool game.

Not sure if the extra chips on the expansion PCB are just for addressing the extra EPROM's on the board, or if they provide any logic. But my photos clearly show the identity of each IC (74ls245, 74ls175, etc) so they could be emulated in the FPGA if needed.

Do you have shematics of the board? Are the roms dumped? Can we make a repro of the board?

I actually have this ROM PCB... the roms were corrupt, a Japanese bloak wanted me to dump it, sadly, they were all FF'd :(

Back