What's new

kebrank

Student
Reaction score
Hello,

I hope this is not breaking the forum rules. If it does, please lock the thread and accept my apologies.
I got a lot of the Chihiro games but my House of the Dead III 512MB and 1GB are not working on the Chihiro type III. I'm aware that both games were Chihiro Type I only but I thought there was a modded version that would play on the type III.
Maybe somebody has a link with both versions or at least The House of the Dead III that can share with me.

Thanks,
\o/.k.

I haven't tested HotD3, but give me a bit, I'll see if what I have works or not.

Nope, my version is apparently also for Type 1. If you find a Type 3 version, keep me in the loop.

One of those links says that hotd3-1gb.bin is proper for a Type 3.

Thank you for the replies. My Chihiro only has 512MB so I can't test the 1GB one but for sure the 512 one doesn't work.
\o/.k.

Thank you for the replies. My Chihiro only has 512MB so I can't test the 1GB one but for sure the 512 one doesn't work.
\o/.k.
The_House_Of_The_Dead_3_GDX-0001.rar, and hotd3-512.zip both don't work on Type 3. Can confirm.

I have 2 512mb Type 3's. If I have some time tomorrow I'll try out the 1GB file by stealing ram from one for the other, haha.

I can't remember well, but I think it worked for me when I've tested on 1Go Chihiro type 3 with netboot. But now I only use 512Mo Chihiro T3 with CompactFlash.
It's my repository you've linked on Mega, so I used these versions.
I have to try with 1Go Chihiro. I'll do it these days to share my results.

If I remember well, I posted some tweaks on this forum that made HOTD3 and "crazy taxi high roller" work for the chihiro 3. My chihiro is basically an upgraded xbox mobo with homebrew bios, so it's possible the games won't run anymore on an original chihiro bios after you tweaked them. Just give it a try and see how it turns out. It's not that difficult. The worst thing that can happen is that it gives you the same or a different error code.

Just out of interest, what would one need to run HotD3 at home besides a Chihiro?
How are the guns handled?

Just out of interest, what would one need to run HotD3 at home besides a Chihiro?
How are the guns handled?
guns are the same as the NAOMI IR gun hardware.

official guns are shotgun shaped with (I think) a pump action for reloading so you may need to wire up a button for that if you're using normal pistol type guns.

because the IR guns are analog devices you could also use a mounted gun setup, or just an analog stick.

So besides the guns you would need the IR sensors similar to Naomi upright HotD2?
These sensors are quite hard to come by aren’t they?

And this would then all connect to the analog pins of a Sega Type 1/3 IO?

You need a gun sense board in between the sensors and the JVS IO.

The sensors are in the guns themselves, they're like $200 a pop alone but you can often find guns with them for much cheaper. The things that go around the monitor are LED emitters... not sensors. and yes you also need the gun sense board, the guns and emitters plug into this board, then this board outputs to your JVS I/O

I have detailed information on all the parts here: Shooting Gallery: Sega Type-II IR on a 108" front projection setup.

The sensors are in the guns themselves, they're like $200 a pop alone but you can often find guns with them for much cheaper. The things that go around the monitor are LED emitters... not sensors.
I always forget that.

Patching CTHR and HOTD3 to run on the chihiro 3

The gun boards outputs 2 analog voltages that are read by the JVS board analog inputs to determine the X and Y position of the gun pointing at the screen. I seem to remember some use the sensor of a wiimote with some ir led's and homebrew electronics to determine the position on screen the gun is pointing at.

The xbox version of HOTD3 is very similar to the arcade version. It even shows the credit(s) 0 on the screen if I remember well. Using the analog sticks of a game pad is not the easiest way to point a gun.

Back